Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll: Where will we finish the season?

Where will we finish this season? Vote by 23/8/15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
23rd.
Thanks to 442 magazine for the excellent tip...

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The optimism that is overcoming many after winning 2 league & 1 cup game is amazing. Personally I think this really is our season to finally make it to The Premiership so I am thoroughly happy with the new wave of optimism. I have gone for 1st but will settle for 2nd. Screw The Playoffs, been there, done that.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think we are still 3/4 very good quality players away from being a serious promotion pushing team. I think there will be periods this season we will struggle because the depth in the squad is not quite there yet. I have gone for mid table but this is still a massive improvement

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
People will be very optimistic I'd imagine but a word of caution, if we pick up one injury we are relying on players like COG. Squad doesn't have enough depth for us to maintain position in top 6 at the moment.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
People will be very optimistic I'd imagine but a word of caution, if we pick up one injury we are relying on players like COG. Squad doesn't have enough depth for us to maintain position in top 6 at the moment.
This. First XI looks good, but we don't have much depth in attacking positions.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
5th and up through the playoffs. When will our day at Wembley be?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Better than last year, I think. Need another 2/3 players to be a Playoff side as I think teams like Derby, Boro, QPR, Hull have lots more money thus bigger better squads. Love the optimism though now, when 2/3 weeks ago loads on here were talking doom and gloom. Just proves a positive result (or 3) can change everything. Palace fans were talking Europe last week, now my Palace mate thinks they will struggle? Don't you just love football fans how they can change every week. Get Tex in and think we will do ok this year.

It is fantastic to see the team top after 2 games, but the sides played won't be competing for the honours, nor will the next two teams. Our first 11 is good, but scratch the service & players like COG, JFC, March are not players you are going to have to rely on if you want to get into the playoffs let alone higher! As it stands at the moment, I put us down at about 9th - which I would have more than settled for at the start of the season.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Until Barber and Bloom start to show some ambition then I see another season of struggle.

No ambition? How much more do you want than £200 million, plus 7 new signings this year and maybe more to come. Think in anyone's book there is not a more ambitious club outside the prem. We have the infrastructure sorted, now working on the playing side, which was always the plan. Think you should remember this is the most successful 5 years in our history, and people still moan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Comfortably top half now with a defence that could see us to an automatic promotion place if we start scoring the amount of goals Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford netted last season. Let's hope we keep Dunk and add some creative depth with the likes of Marshall, Tex & maybe another forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here