Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a difference a year makes...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
August 16th 2014 ---------------------------------------> August 16th 2015

Championship 2014 2015.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Millwall were second.... and we also won our next two matches. If we are top at the end of September, and that is feasible given our schedule, I'll be made up.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Interesting that of the two teams in the automatic promotion places after two games one year ago - one was eventually relegated and one was promoted to the Premier League playing sparkling football...........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the money spent and the quality of the purchases.
Plus the cohesion of the team around a solid formation, I doubt the respective league positions from last season to this, will ever be the same.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Indeed but let's use Millwall as a sober lesson to not get too carried away ....... yet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd also say what a difference a month makes to the way peeps felt about the oncoming season ..lack of signings or quality of them...quite a turnaround in the way we feel about things now? Just need to keep things into perspective now ..long long way to go :)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
all Championship games not involving Brighton which are drawn are good results for Brighton, for MOST of the season. Last season the bottom half got more points from draws than the top half

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
all Championship games not involving Brighton which are drawn are good results for Brighton, for MOST of the season. Last season the bottom half got more points from draws than the top half

Had yesterday's game been last season, Baldock would've missed, Fulham's header of the post would have gone in and KLL would have been carded for diving...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Millwall were second.... and we also won our next two matches. If we are top at the end of September, and that is feasible given our schedule, I'll be made up.

Worryingly, Millwall are second and look what happened there.

I'm always surprised how few teams manage to win their first two games.

This. I cannot BELIEVE that there is only one team left in the Championship with a 100% record. After just TWO games!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It just goes to show how BONKERS our league is that we have a "cushion" after 2 games in a 24 team league :lolol:

I think thats 11 fixtures that have ended in a draw out of 24 games so far? Or have I got my maths horribly wrong....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It just goes to show how BONKERS our league is that we have a "cushion" after 2 games in a 24 team league :lolol:

I think thats 11 fixtures that have ended in a draw out of 24 games so far? Or have I got my maths horribly wrong....

Just shows both how competitive this league is, and also, if you put together any decent run of form, it will rocket you up the table. Soooo many draws.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

I keep saying, most of the time other teams draw it's a great result for us. It means a point disappears into a black hole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here