Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Antics at the back of the stand yesterday

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
slightly left of goal towards top of stand yesterday.

Two lads obviously pissed up completely had managed to
get their pints into the stand (lord knows how) and were all over
the shop. Soon after we scored - one decided to sit on the shoulders
of his mate. You can see where this is going.

Anyway, a poor wife/girlfriend got a whack in the face when they
toppled backwards into the row. I felt for the rest of the family.

Anyone else see this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No.

But I'd like to thank the chap who rescued me when I made a schoolboy error when standing on a seat after we scored the penalty. I got my weight distribution all wrong, the seat folded back up taking me with it, leaving me in a bit of a pickle and somewhat trapped.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
No.

But I'd like to thank the chap who rescued me when I made a schoolboy error when standing on a seat after we scored the penalty. I got my weight distribution all wrong, the seat folded back up taking me with it, leaving me in a bit of a pickle and somewhat trapped.

You selfish bast*** bozza :)

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Fantastic, just like the old terraces days.... I've got cuts on the back of my legs from being squashed and pushed all over after the goals. Absolutely loved it!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
slightly left of goal towards top of stand yesterday.

Two lads obviously pissed up completely had managed to
get their pints into the stand (lord knows how) and were all over
the shop. Soon after we scored - one decided to sit on the shoulders
of his mate. You can see where this is going.

Anyway, a poor wife/girlfriend got a whack in the face when they
toppled backwards into the row. I felt for the rest of the family.

Anyone else see this?

Yes, was right near me. Stupid behaviour but he looked about 18 years old and pissed up, let's be honest, we have all been there! Just hope he apologised to the family.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Yes, was right near me. Stupid behaviour but he looked about 18 years old and pissed up, let's be honest, we have all been there! Just hope he apologised to the family.

Agreed - loved the enthusiasm - but hate it when it goes a bit wrong and
someone gets hurt.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Just to be clear: I'm not one of the people you mentioned.

I am, however, a clumsy oaf though.

who started the surging???? squashed into the blue terrace barriers...................ahhhhh, the north stand......

annnnnnddddd, your back in the room

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What was all the twaddle about asking for tickets when coming back into the stand after half time? Looked as though the stewards were making a very poor attempt at imposing themselves over a crowd they had no hope of controlling.

Got asked for my ticket at the bottom of the stairs and at the top when emerging into the seats. Both times I replied that my wife had my ticket and was already in her seat, 'Oh, OK, best go through then' came the response, what was the point?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What was all the twaddle about asking for tickets when coming back into the stand after half time? Looked as though the stewards were making a very poor attempt at imposing themselves over a crowd they had no hope of controlling.

Got asked for my ticket at the bottom of the stairs and at the top when emerging into the seats. Both times I replied that my wife had my ticket and was already in her seat, 'Oh, OK, best go through then' came the response, what was the point?

Elf and safety. Chief steward wanted gangways cleared in case of problems. Most standing in gangway had seats lower down but wanted to be in the action at the back. I thought one chap in his 30's was going to cry when he was told to go down rather than up!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
No.

Is that a euphemism, alluding to your dietary preparation in the months prior to the game?

Jan 30, 2008
Elf and safety. Chief steward wanted gangways cleared in case of problems. Most standing in gangway had seats lower down but wanted to be in the action at the back. I thought one chap in his 30's was going to cry when he was told to go down rather than up!
tom and jerry ??
regards
DR

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Trying to clear the walkways by making people sit in their actual seats. I was standing on the steps for the entire first half, due to somebody sitting in my seat. I asked them to move but somebody was in their seat apparently and I could see the endless spiral it was leading to.

I'd like to apologise to the bloke and his kid who had a loud, fat drunk bloke standing next to them for the entire first half. I was going to chuck your kid a few quid for football stickers or whatever he collects for putting up with me, but I was moved at H/T and it slipped my mind (that and it would have looked really weird). :blush:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here