Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two wingers but not enough height up front.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
If we are going to play with two wide men why don't the club sign a tall centre forward?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The pitch looked quite small today, we struggled on the wings at time, said to my mate there is no way we are going to out muscle Fulham on crosses. But yeah we could do with some more hight and physicality for sure.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Being 6ft doesnt mean your an aerial threat. COG isnt really a threat in the air. But Fulham's Smith for example, I dont think he is over 6'1 but was pain all game. I agree with the thread starter we could do with some who is an aerial threat and has knack for getting on the end of crosses.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Being 6ft doesnt mean your an aerial threat. COG isnt really a threat in the air. But Fulham's Smith for example, I dont think he is over 6'1 but was pain all game. I agree with the thread starter we could do with some who is an aerial threat and has knack for getting on the end of crosses.
Matt Smith is 6'6".

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004

Matt Smith is 6ft 6in according to Wikipedia!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

phoenix

May 18, 2009
watch The Withdean Years and see how many goals Leon Knight gets with his head. I think our wingers are supposed to aim for our players, it sort of helps!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Tim cahill is decent in the air..

Matt Smith is 6'6".

Matt Smith is 6ft 6in according to Wikipedia!

Damn didn't realises he was that tall, he looked more of a lump then tall yesterday. But my point was that being over 6ft doesn't mean their good in the air, like someone mentioned above Tim Cahill is/was great in the air. I just agreed with the thread starter we need some players that are able to score us some headed goals and be a nuisances in the air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here