British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lets hear them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On way home. Great game, away support magnificent.

Stockdale - 8 - great save at 1-1.
Bruno. - 9 - all the defence were excellent but extra point for pass to Baldock.
Greer - 8
Hunnemeier - 8
Bong - 8
Stephens - 7 - impressive first half sloppy second
Kayal - 7 - as above
KLL - 7 - not enough ball in second half
March 7. - worked hard but wasteful, should have gone off at 60 mins
Baldock 7 - well taken goal
Tomer 7 - good movement

Rosenoir - 6 added much needed freshness when he came on
JFC - 7 - great pass for pen
Ince - 6 - shored up the middle

Fantastic first half, but tired noticeably at 60 mins. Hughton a little late with the subs, but he got them right IMO.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Tell us a bit more about Bong and Uwe. Loving these lads already

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tell us a bit more about Bong and Uwe.

Uwe just steady throughout, not ever so pact but his reading of the game is great, and the fact he linked so well with Greer after 3 days training speaks volumes for both players.

Bong is just incredible, yet to see him lose a 1 v 1 situation, did get a little isolated in the 2nd half, but that's because KLL was shattered.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Stockdale 7. Some good saves , some dodgy kicking
Bruno 6. At bit erratic I'd try rosenoir
Bong. 7. No Wayne bridge but an upgrade from Bennett
BFG. 8. We are in safe hands if dunk goes . Rock solid
Greer 7. Not easy against their massive forward but he did ok
Stephens 6. Didn't hAppen for him
Kayal 9. He is the difference between new Albion and hypia Albion
Lua Lua 7. Keep it up. Great start to the Season
March 5. Wasted a number of good opportunities
Baldock 7 took goal well but I've noticed he can't kick the ball very hard
Hemmed 7 quiet but nailed the pressure pen

Hughton 8. I'm liking what I'm seeing

Crowd 10. Best Albion away day for a while

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I thought Bong was a 7 first half but 5 second...granted we didn't play too well as a unit in the second half, but Bong left his man unmarked a few times and it almost cost us. I'll write a bit more when I've finished my "top of the league" burger and chips :thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stockdale - 8 great save at 1-1. For me the best game since he joined us.
Bruno. - 9 - he was quality - so much better than last year
Greer - 7 - ok at times, but out of position at times too.
Hunnemeier - 8 - was great on the deck, weak in the air for me.
Bong - 6 most of their damage came down that side, and he didn't work with KLL to release him
Stephens - 7 faded badly
Kayal - 6 I would have taken him off. Not at his best in second half
KLL - 7 wasn't give the ball enough - when he was he seldom made that run at defenders. But won us the game.
March 6 worked hard but no cross, no shot, no product - hope he gets better at this
Baldock 7 - well taken goal - looked good in first half
Tomer 6 decent first half - vanished second half

Rosenoir - 7 looked very good on the ball
Ince - 7 shored up the middle - looks worth a start, but who gets dropped?

Fantastic first half, but tired noticeably at 60 mins. Hughton a little late with the subs, this game could have gone either way. Pleased we won, but don't get too carried away! Still we have players who will come in and hopefully strengthen things

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Uwe just steady throughout, not ever so pact but his reading of the game is great, and the fact he linked so well with Greer after 3 days training speaks volumes for both players.

Bong is just incredible, yet to see him lose a 1 v 1 situation, did get a little isolated in the 2nd half, but that's because KLL was shattered.
That's what Warren said. Lua Lua was tiring and not tracking back. Bong had to do more work.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Harsh i can remember one very solid throughout.

March had his best game in a brighton shirt scared the Fulham defence and was very unlucky not to have an assist early in the second half
On the radio it sounded like March shooting was poor and he made some poor choices. He should have crossed for Baldock or something/

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Stockdale - 8 great save at 1-1. For me the best game since he joined us.
Bruno. - 9 - he was quality - so much better than last year
Greer - 7 - ok at times, but out of position at times too.
Hunnemeier - 8 - was great on the deck, weak in the air for me.
Bong - 6 most of their damage came down that side, and he didn't work with KLL to release him
Stephens - 7 faded badly
Kayal - 6 I would have taken him off. Not at his best in second half
KLL - 7 wasn't give the ball enough - when he was he seldom made that run at defenders. But won us the game.
March 6 worked hard but no cross, no shot, no product - hope he gets better at this
Baldock 7 - well taken goal - looked good in first half
Tomer 6 decent first half - vanished second half

Rosenoir - 7 looked very good on the ball
Ince - 7 shored up the middle - looks worth a start, but who gets dropped?

Fantastic first half, but tired noticeably at 60 mins. Hughton a little late with the subs, this game could have gone either way. Pleased we won, but don't get too carried away! Still we have players who will come in and hopefully strengthen things

Generally agree with most of this, except I'd bring Hunemeier down to 6.5...I thought he was great first half but second half he made one big mistake (unless my eyes deceived me from the far end) by losing the ball and almost letting Fulham take the lead, if it wasn't for Stockdale...and yes I thought it was Stockdale's best game for us. Baldock looked noticeably better than what I saw of him last season.

On about 70 minutes, it was so obvious we were tired...there was one occassion we got the ball to the halfway line, and despite having possession just had to stop and knock it about a bit rather than surge forward because no-one had any gas left in the tank!

Great penalty from Hemed, was so glad for him to get off the mark!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bruno man of match for me and JFC gets 11 for the through ball

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I have to follow via the 'One Football' app in the US, and interestingly they give ratings - no idea how they come up with them, but here you go.

Under 'Best Player' these are the names and the scores:

Kayal - 15
Cairney (Ful) - 13
McCormack (Ful) - 4
Uwe - 3
Bong - 2
Baldock - 2
Kacanikikiililic (Ful) - 1
Lua Lua - 1
Hemed - 1

Everyone else gets no score haha... wonder how the **** they come up with those, because there's no explanation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very many thanks to those of you who gave ratings and comments, having been there. I'll just ruminate on them. Extraordinarily more useful than the post from someone on another thread who felt the need to share what he had heard about the performance. After 46 thousand odd posts (FFS), most of what I have seen lately being tedious tittle tattle and speculation with less substance than a sandcastle.....can someone tell me how to 'ignore' someone? Its 'Bensgrandad'. :ffsparr:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Any views on why the team are tirying so early? Pre season training?
Isn't that obvious?

3 games in 8 days? Players are getting more match fitter with each passing game. Hot/humid weather?

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Sounds good, very good. Yes, it's substantiated by the fact that we are 'Top of the League', but it sounds like that if we can maintain these type of resolute, well-earned performances, we will beat most teams this season. Obviously a more solid (yet not necessarily 'defensive') display will be inevitably less action-packed, but if it will promise us three points on most occasions, why not take it? If we consistently play like we did against Nott'm Forest (ie. a resilient, patient game, not taking too many risks), with some intermittent performances like today (end-to-end, close matches which are defined by a moment of drama like a last minute penalty - which goes in our favour :thumbsup:), then I honestly, provided we make a couple more signings, seriously see us as realistic promotion contenders. Let's just enjoy the current moment though, and look forward to Huddersfield - cos' we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE! :albion2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Harsh i can remember one very solid throughout.

March had his best game in a brighton shirt scared the Fulham defence and was very unlucky not to have an assist early in the second half

March gets himself into very good positions with his skill but then his final ball is, in the main, very disappointing.

As for JFC, had to laugh. We had a short beardy man a couple of rows back who went apoplectic with rage just when he was waiting to come on, thought he was going to burst a blood vessel. Turned around to see his reaction when we got the pen and low and behold he had disappeared!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here