Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones tipped for move into management as he returns to scene of his great night [The Argus

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion keeper David Stockdale has tipped Nathan Jones for a move into management as the Welshman returns to the scene of one of his greatest triumphs.
Jones was in caretaker charge when he guided the Seagulls to a vital 2-0 victory at Fulham last season in their fight against relegation before Chris Hughton took over.
Jones was subsequently linked with various managerial vacancies and was reportedly interviewed for the post at Plymouth Argyle.
He goes back to Craven Cottage today as Hughton’s first team coach with Stockdale keen to repeat the Jones-inspired Christmas success against the club he played for before signing for Albion.
Stockdale told The Argus: “It’s a great place and if it’s anywhere near as good as it was last year I’ll be happy“For me Leeds United away was the best but I’m a Leeds lad and we played better in that game than any other football wise.
“But Fulham was a good night, becausewe had Nathan in charge of us. He had things to prove and we proved them that night. We really came together as a team.
“The way Nathan held himself around the place when the new manager came in I don’t think it will be long before Nathan becomes a manager himself.
“But that one (Fulham) stands out for me, because he came of age as a coach. Hopefully we can keep him.

“There were a few rumours in the off season that he might leave but he has stayed with us and he can bring a lot to us.”Jamie O’Hara, who beat Stockdale from long range playing for Blackpool last season, is among the Fulham threats today.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I've long thought that Jonah will enter management, and I've always said it will be with Yeovil Town, a former club of his which has had some bad times in recent years. Could be he'll ride to their rescue when the opportunity presents itself. This won't be soon, but it will happen.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here