Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGee chief scout?

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Sorry if fixtures but I noticed both Harper and Murphy have mentioned Mark McGee as being reasons that they wanted to come here. McGee stating that Brighton was a sound club to join and that it may do their internationL chances no harm.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He still lives in the area I believe, and attends the Amex relatively regularly.

Nice to see and hear that he's putting in good words for us in matters like this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They both qualify for Scotland, and he is assistant manager to wee Gordie, so would have access to them. As posted above, he still lives here, and watches our matches.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Doesn't do Wee Gordon any harm either.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
They both qualify for Scotland, and he is assistant manager to wee Gordie, so would have access to them. As posted above, he still lives here, and watches our matches.

This.

Love the fact that he is Scotland's assistant manager and could barely live further away without moving to continental Europe!!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I always think McGhee talks really well about his time at the Albion and gets given short shrift (unfairly, in my opinion) by a lot of fans. He's always really positive about us as a club and clearly has very fond memories. It's good to see that he uses his influence in our favour too!

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I always think McGhee talks really well about his time at the Albion and gets given short shrift (unfairly, in my opinion) by a lot of fans. He's always really positive about us as a club and clearly has very fond memories. It's good to see that he uses his influence in our favour too!

Yes he does. I bumped into him at Glasgow airport a few years back. Very happy to chat and not a bad word about the Albion. He loved it here (although I appreciate some people will say, 'What else would he say'!)

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
He was at Hove station on Wednesday evening, didn't disturb him but think he was heading to Fratton Park to see the game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I could never spell his name right either.

Love MM. One of our luckiest promotions ever under him. And one of the most obvious cases of 'lost the dressing room' I've ever seen. I think it was obvious when his time was up...

Little story about him. Years ago myself and a couple of well known Albion fans went to Falmer training ground to get some photos along with @roz for the REMF. Virgo, Harding and David Lee (for comedy value) were our chosen sponsors and all agreed after we approached them at Withdean... It was Friday which was 'press day' and MM was being interviewed by SCR I presume. Asked his thoughts on the next day's match he said 'Well quite frankly we're absolutely shitting it'. Lots of laughter followed & they started the interview again but I admired his humour and honesty :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

He still lives in the area I believe, and attends the Amex relatively regularly.

Nice to see and hear that he's putting in good words for us in matters like this.

He lives about 1/4 of a mile from me. Often see him and chat to him in Hove Park or Dyke Road .

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Despite what some on here think, it appears that the club still has a good reputation with those in the game, which can only be good news.

Of course they do and rightly so, BUT within the village of football a 'good reputation' generally means an opportunity to get paid higher than what you are worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here