Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton - Is he the dullest manager we've ever had?

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I know we don't care if we win games, but I don't think I've ever seen him smile let alone speak in anything but a painfully deliberate and mostly cliched manner. How do players get fired up by a manager who quite frankly sends me to sleep?

Oscar and Sami would take some beating in the boring monotone competition, but I think CH might be the gold medalist.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Met him last weekend. He was warm, friendly, more than happy to pose for photos and the like, despite me bothering him whilst he was out for lunch.
Some decent humour at the forum too.
Is he big man on campus? No, but you don't have to be demonstrative to be a football manager.

Now Peter Taylor was dull.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I know we don't care if we win games, but I don't think I've ever seen him smile let alone speak in anything but a painfully deliberate and mostly cliched manner. How do players get fired up by a manager who quite frankly sends me to sleep?

Oscar and Sami would take some beating in the boring monotone competition, but I think CH might be the gold medalist.

you've met him then I take it? firsthand experience of it all? no... thought not. I have met him, spoken with him and been told there is a different side to mr calm when required.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Much rather him than ignorant bullshitters who talk any old nonsense after a loss (Freedman and Cotterball spring to mind). Seems well respected in the game by most fans and players, says it all I think regardless whether you think he's boring or not.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
At least Hughton won't grow a big head and tout himself. He is here for the long haul. Just can't see him being poached either which is good news. Fed up with getting through managers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We win two games in a row, sign some really good players, and still someone finds something to moan about. I met Chris at the sponsors dinner and thought he was sociable, polite, humourous and knowledgeable.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Discussion doesn't equal moaning. I asked a question and gave an opinion. Thank you for yours. I'm delighted we're winning, more delighted that we're adding what looks like real quality into the squad. Perhaps even more delighted that our CH apparently has a pulse as that to me was potenitally THE missing link.

Excellent facilities, large and supportive fanbase, quality squad and smart motivating manager. If we've got all of these elements then the future really is bright. UTA

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Well we have started the season with 2 wins.
We have invested well in the transfer window.
What negative can I write about,I know our manager
Sounds really boring.Dont worry mate I'm sure we will lose
Soon & you can moan about what shit players we have signed

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I said it all the way through Oscar's reign; as long as we're successful on the pitch I couldn't give a toss how the manager conducts his press interviews. Having sat behind Hughton when he came here with Norwich a couple of summers ago I can assure you he rarely stopped yelling at his players, couldn't have been at further odds with his interview style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here