[Official Site] MURPHY: MCGHEE PAVED THE WAY

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
jm-l229-2620514_478x359.jpg

Jamie Murphy played under former Albion boss Mark McGhee at Motherwell
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

albion-vs-rovers.jpg

New Brighton & Hove Albion signing Jamie Murphy revealed how former Seagulls boss Mark McGhee gave him his initial breakthrough in football.
Speaking exclusively to Seagulls Player HD, the Glaswegian explained how McGhee handed him his first run in the side at Motherwell and how he hopes to impress the Scotland assistant manager by performing for the Seagulls.
He said, “He was the first man to give me a real chance in the first team. I played a good run of games under him; I played in Europe and I played well so he was big for me at the time.
“Obviously he has moved on and is involved with Scotland but I know he was great down here with Brighton and it’s up to me to be successful down here too.
“If you play well it’s always going to get talked about so it’s up to me to play well enough and push my way towards a Scotland call.
“It’s one of the reasons why I felt the move would be a good thing and I want to try and get into my national team - I want to give everything I’ve got to achieve that.
“It can only be good for everyone if I’m doing well here and for the national team.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile the winger confessed he is still haunted by Sheffield United’s 7-6 aggregate League One play-off semi-final loss to Swindon last season, but says he will use that experience to help push the Seagulls towards promotion.
“It was disappointing not to make it to the Championship with Sheffield United but things have to move on and hopefully we can push on here and make the play-offs, if not higher.
“I’m still not fully over it [the Swindon game]. I thought we were good enough to at least get to the final, so it’s still disappointing but you use your disappointments to push you on further in your career, especially this year as it will be my first with a new team. Hopefully things can go my way and go the team’s way this time around.”[h=3]ALBION V BLACKBURN ROVERS*
[/h]SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here