Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy reveals Scotland goal after Albion move [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jamie Murphy wants to use his move to Albion as a springboard to a Scotland call-up.
The Glaswegian winger signed from Sheffield United played under ex-Seagulls manager Mark McGhee at Motherwell and for Scotland under-21s.
McGhee, now No.2 to Scotland boss Gordon Strachan, still lives in Brighton and Murphy hopes to catch his eye again following his £1.5 million switch from the Blades on a four-year deal.
The 25-year-old said: "He (McGhee) was the first one that gave me a real chance in the first team, a run of games, playing games in Europe. He was big for me at the time.
"If you play well enough it's always going to get talked about, so it's up to me.
"It's one of the big reasons I felt like making the move was a good thing. I want to try to get in my national team, I want to give everything I've got to try and do that."
Murphy, signed too late to feature at Fulham tomorrow, will be watching his new team-mates in the flesh at Craven Cottage after seeing their opening 1-0 win against Nottingham Forest last week on TV.
He said: "They played very well. It was a great performance from the rest of the boys and a deserved win as well, a good start to the season. Hopefully now we can keep it going."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here