Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the 1st XI for a promotion push in 2016?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Stockdale
2. Rosenior
3. Bong
4. Dunk
5. Hunemeier
6. Kayal
7. Stephens
8. Murphy
9. Harper
10.Zamora
11.Lua Lua.

It looks exciting, attacking, more experienced than we're used to and - thankfully - proper signings rather than loans.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You are expecting too much of Harper, sign another winger and replace COG and Colunga with one decent pacey striker then I will believe we are promotion candidates, otherwise I don't think we will create or score enough goals.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Replace Colunga with a similar player, who wants to be here, and sign a decent back up for Bong at left back and all of a sudden we're looking up rather than down. We also need to replace COG with a football player.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
1. Stockdale
2. Rosenior
3. Bong
4. Dunk
5. Hunemeier
6. Kayal
7. Stephens
8. Murphy
9. Harper
10.Zamora
11.Lua Lua.

It looks exciting, attacking, more experienced than we're used to and - thankfully - proper signings rather than loans.

Eh where Hemed,? Surely start before Bobby Z?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I think we have a squad to hit top 6 as it is now.......with only cover needed at centre half if Dunk heads north.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You are expecting too much of Harper, sign another winger and replace COG and Colunga with one decent pacey striker then I will believe we are promotion candidates.

I don't expect Harper to figure much before Christmas but I suspect Hughton will be hoping he'll be a significant factor in the second half of the season. By all accounts he is something of a No. 10 with an eye for goal who cuts in from wide positions, rather than a poacher like Baldock, and this sort of player should dovetail well with a target man like Zamora or Hemed.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So our matchday squad should be looking something like:

-------------------------Stockdale-------------------------
---Rosenior----Hünemeier-----Dunk------Bong---
------------------Kayal---------Stephens---------------
-----Murphy----------------------------------LuaLua---
-------------------Hemed------Baldock-----------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Bruno, Ince, Crofts, March, Zamora

Looking very, very promising, especially with another three supposedly on the way in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is now much more real competition for places than last season, although we need a proper creative spark off the bench. I fancy this will be March with Harper set to challenge in due course.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Looking very, very promising, especially with another three supposedly on the way in.

This does look good. But no Calde? Or even a JFC? Goes to show how much we think we're strengthening doesn't it?! Good times.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This does look good. But no Calde? Or even a JFC? Goes to show how much we think we're strengthening doesn't it?! Good times.

Not putting Calde in there was a bit saddening, but he doesn't stand much hope of a look-in this season. Must be a great player to have in the dressing room regardless.

Surely JFC is going to have to be loaned out.. I don't see a spot for him in the squad, especially with another midfielder rumoured to be on the way in.

With said CAM, a winger and a striker supposedly still to come, things are looking very good.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

This is more like it. Although a few of the subs could still make their way into the starting line up

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here