Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we now need anymore players before the transfer deadline?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
We now have 5 strikers, or 6 as it looks Murphy can play central too!

All I can see, is if Dunk goes, we go large for top notch championship striker, and a back up CH.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Colunga will definitely be off, providing someone will take him. Same goes for Chicksen, and wouldn't be surprised or particularly upset if COG left as well.

Another winger required at least, a CAM as well would be a bonus.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Striker on loan and possibly another winger.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Quality under 30 year old striker, and Colunga and COG out. Will be happy then.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Another quality midfielder would have been great as bar kayal it's rather poor and if he gets crocked we'll know it...Shame we can't ship out a couple.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've got a complete squad now in numbers and maybe quality?

cf: Boro have done their best scoop signing the aging Nugent today. Derby have had a full squad for some time and Thorne is now fit, but Will Hughes is injured.

If we keep Dunk we've done pretty well. In fact, we have a few players that are superfluous. Much as I like Colunga, he may not be needed? And he hasn't got enough pace. Jamie Murphy seems to have that little bit extra?

Defensive midfield is missing to a certain extent as I think (don't you?) think that playing Beram Kayal further forward is better! We still very right-sided so Forster-Caskey has a place on the left hand side in 4-2-3-1.

I want us to keep Lualua!

Thinking of the goal that Redmond for Norwich made for them on the left side of our defensive midfield. Caskey did not put pressure on Redmond and was outpaced.

Inclined to keep some wages in reserve for January or make them available by selling superfluous players.

Last edited:

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
One more winger - just to consolidate squad depth - and one more striker - deep lying centre-forward, false nine, whatever you want to call it - who is adept enough to make late runs and smack that ball in the net 20 times a season might just be enough fire power to realistically establish us as, 'Promotion Contenders'. I still wouldn't be too optimistic, however; maybe I am just being paranoid since last season most of us thought our squad was good enough to make the top 6, despite two consecutive losses, but I would like to see the team play and gel before making any real judgement.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I've got a sneaky feeling that we'll bring in a striker who will be a complete shock to everyone and in the process break our transfer record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here