Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eayjet refund

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On March 13th booked 3 flights to Malaga but confirmation didnt arrive. In April checked with credit card company and found a reference. When I checked the reference number the flights were booked to Palma. Tried to change the destination with Easyjet and they wanted £35 per person per trip i e £210 so decided to rebook as it was cheaper and try to reclaim the money from Easyjet. On the moneysavingexpert forum and then everybody said I had no chance of a refund/ Wrote to Easyjet CEO threatening small claims court and after many e mails I can now say that they have given me a full re fund in the form of a credit note against future travel. The motto is perseverance and determination will win even with a company like Eayjet against the odds.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good job BG, power to the people.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So you made the error of booking the wrong tickets, which you must have done despite not getting confirmation, and expected a refund. I can only presume the web site made the mistake when booking and Easyjet know this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure who made the mistake as in the drop down menu it was Malaga followed by Majorca (Palma) but they have conceeded that by not receiving the confirmation I had no chance to correct it and there was no fault with their IT At all times they maintained they were not at fault then 3 weeks ago I wrote to Carolyn McCall OBE, their CEO, saying I would take legal action and a court summons against her, and they have now settled.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is it really a refund as only a credit note against future Easy Jet flights. A company with a better customer service would have refunded to the original payment card.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
After making the booking did you not log into your easyjet account to check It had gone through ok as you didn't get an email confirmation.

You haven't actually got a refund though you have just got a discount of your next flight which may or may not cover the cost.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After making the booking did you not log into your easyjet account to check It had gone through ok as you didn't get an email confirmation.

You haven't actually got a refund though you have just got a discount of your next flight which may or may not cover the cost.

No I checked credit card to see the payment had been taken. No it is not not actually a refund but a credit against future flights but when the next year schedule comes out in September this credit will cover the flight to wherever I want to go Malta Spain Algarve so in essence a complete refund, which apparently is unheard of with Easyjet.

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
No I checked credit card to see the payment had been taken. No it is not not actually a refund but a credit against future flights but when the next year schedule comes out in September this credit will cover the flight to wherever I want to go Malta Spain Algarve so in essence a complete refund, which apparently is unheard of with Easyjet.

You should have gone straight to Stelios BG, same thing happened to me and they refunded my credit card. As a plus they also gave me tickets to see Leo Jones, from the easyjet tv hit Airline in panto this year.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What's the betting this supposedly missing email confirmation is in his spam folder?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Due to BG being as good with technology as Douglas Bader was at the 100m, I'd be very, very surprised if Easyjet weren't the innocent party in this...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's amazing how often addressing something to a higher up at companies can work, regardless of the threat of small claims (which a giant company would not in any way be worried about).

I've seen many things come to a resolution (at my job, not through personal experience) this way, even if there's no fault on the company at all, as it gets rid of the complainant.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A credit note is fine if you intend to shop there again, as BG intends to.

That is true far better than the £39 offered originally. The credit note is valid for 6 months from date of issue which has to be by 3rd October so I have asked for it during September when next summers schedules come out. The flights do not have to be taken within 6 months just booked. I am very pleased with the outcome it is more than I expected with their original attitude and reaction to my claim.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Due to BG being as good with technology as Douglas Bader was at the 100m, I'd be very, very surprised if Easyjet weren't the innocent party in this...

Probably correct as I previously said the drop down menu of destinations show Malaga the next is Majorca so it is quite possible I pushed the wrong one by mistake, but I wouldnt admit that and was helped by the confirmation e mail not arriving correctly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So more flights to Spain researching on behalf of that dodgy transfer website?

That is possible. I like Cyprus but it is getting so expensive and the Costas are nearly as hot, much less flying time and generally cheaper when there. As a poor OAP I can go to Spain 3 times or Cyprus once and Spain once in a year. Next year I want to try Malta again having last been there 25 years ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Things we have learnt:

BG and technology never in harmony (nothing new there) but now poor OAPs can afford three holidays abroad a year ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here