Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] February Half Term Family Holiday Destinations

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Afternoon peeps,

I'm toying with taking the family away for the Feb half term for some sun / beach fun.

Looking at the on the beach website the main options seem to be:

Egypt, Morocco, Middle East or Canaries - if you want warmth, without too long a flight.

I've got a few resorts bookmarked, but does anyone (of course you do, NSC can answer any question) have any recommendations for a family of 4 (kids aged 10 & 14) for a week?

Papa

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Egypt! Weather almost guaranteed and hotels AI are very nice if you pick the right one. Been to Sharm twice recently, snorkelling is fantastic and beaches and water sports are spot on. Outside of resort is pretty crap though to be fair, so if you are happy to stay inside the hotel grounds most of the time I can highly recommend it!!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Egypt! Weather almost guaranteed and hotels AI are very nice if you pick the right one. Been to Sharm twice recently, snorkelling is fantastic and beaches and water sports are spot on. Outside of resort is pretty crap though to be fair, so if you are happy to stay inside the hotel grounds most of the time I can highly recommend it!!

Looks lovely. Agadir in Morocco looks interesting as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about Costa Del Sol or Blanca very cheap to get to and cheap hotels if you book your flights and hotels yourself sperately on line. I always do this never use travel agents or package holidays.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stretch the flight time. south africa. No jet lag. Overnight flight. Great weather, people, beaches etc and sterling soooooo strong vs their currency

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Been to Sharm twice recently, snorkelling is fantastic and beaches and water sports are spot on.

Mate of mine drowned out there last year. For the funeral me and the lads got him a wreath in the shape of a lifebelt.

It's what he would have wanted.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Stretch the flight time. south africa. No jet lag. Overnight flight. Great weather, people, beaches etc and sterling soooooo strong vs their currency
How long is the flight time?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You don't want to let the terrorists win etc etc, but of your list I'd only consider the Canaries right now.

Other than that - Florida, of course.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
In Sharm el Shiekh at the moment. This is our seventh visit and always felt totally safe. It is like a country within a country with strong security but low key

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Afternoon peeps,

I'm toying with taking the family away for the Feb half term for some sun / beach fun.

Looking at the on the beach website the main options seem to be:

Egypt, Morocco, Middle East or Canaries - if you want warmth, without too long a flight.

I've got a few resorts bookmarked, but does anyone (of course you do, NSC can answer any question) have any recommendations for a family of 4 (kids aged 10 & 14) for a week?

Papa

Jordan (Aqaba) or Cape Verde?

Not been to either....just throwing a couple of different ideas out there :) Nailed on sunshine in both, I believe.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You don't want to let the terrorists win etc etc, but of your list I'd only consider the Canaries right now.

Other than that - Florida, of course.

Of course Florida, but we're probably going to save that for a longer holiday

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We did a Feb half term in Dubai a couple of years ago. Weather is fabulous that time of year, plenty to do for a week and great beaches.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
If the budget will stretch, Atlantis Dubai- great weather, fantastic food plus one of the most amazing waterparks ever (not just slides) a lazy river that is anything but lazy (takes around 40 minutes from start to finish) plus at the waterpark Mum and Dad can relax by the many chilled out beach-side pool areas. They also have really good kids entertainment in the evening, Mums and Dads not allowed.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the budget will stretch, Atlantis Dubai- great weather, fantastic food plus one of the most amazing waterparks ever (not just slides) a lazy river that is anything but lazy (takes around 40 minutes from start to finish) plus at the waterpark Mum and Dad can relax by the many chilled out beach-side pool areas. They also have really good kids entertainment in the evening, Mums and Dads not allowed.

Just checked it out, the room alone would cost £2500!

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
What about Costa Del Sol or Blanca very cheap to get to and cheap hotels if you book your flights and hotels yourself sperately on line. I always do this never use travel agents or package holidays.

As we can see from your "Easyjet" thread this works very well for you lol. Oh and buying off two different sites means you have no ATOL Financial Protection - but I see you love a credit note!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here