Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 wingers

Chuggy12

Aug 3, 2015
Shoreham beach
People have been saying that our club need to sign 2 more wingers, given the form KLL is in at the moment, do we need 2 especially if he keeps it up all season.

Although we all know KLL is very injury prone and is likely to pick up a knock or two in the current season, we do have colunga who can play out wide when he is back.
Some people also think Lualua is better as an impact sub, so i think it all depends on how Hughton sees KLL role in the side. If he is going to be used as an impact sub then sign 2, but if he will start the games then sign 1.

If we sign 2 i think it should be Ben Marshall & Jamie Murphy.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
People have been saying that our club need to sign 2 more wingers, given the form KLL is in at the moment, do we need 2 especially if he keeps it up all season.

Although we all know KLL is very injury prone and is likely to pick up a knock or two in the current season, we do have colunga who can play out wide when he is back.
Some people also think Lualua is better as an impact sub, so i think it all depends on how Hughton sees KLL role in the side. If he is going to be used as an impact sub then sign 2, but if he will start the games then sign 1.

If we sign 2 i think it should be Ben Marshall & Jamie Murphy.

IF, and it's a big IF, we sign Murphy and Lua Lua and March can stay fit, then 3 is enough. However, I can't see that happening.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Surely, Colunga is going to be off before the end of the window? He's not a natural winger, either.

Given the amounts quoted for Marshall and Murphy, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us bring in someone else from abroad.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yes, we certainly do need two wingers brought in. As you've already pointed out Kaz is often inconsistent and is prone to picking up the odd knock. As for March, he is a unknown quantity as he's yet to complete a full season at this level and although he has shown glimpses of skill and flair he is a tad lightweight and prone to picking up injuries himself. Adding two wingers to the squad will increase competition for places, give us cover for any injuries or suspensions and give us additional options for the bench not to mention alleviate the pressure on Kaz and March.

No brainer IMO.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Wingers are inconsistent and are game changers. If ch uses 2 wingers per game I can only see it as a good thing to have a couple of options on the bench, if one of them is having a bad game.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
2 are required I think if we are planning 442/41411 formations for the season. Only takes injuries suspension and loss of form to creep in and we will be playing a CM out there or a RB again. We need to options. Marshall and murphy be perfect but murphy plus someone else will be good. Keep the players on their toes as well

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
2 are required I think if we are planning 442/41411 formations for the season. Only takes injuries suspension and loss of form to creep in and we will be playing a CM out there or a RB again. We need to options. Marshall and murphy be perfect but murphy plus someone else will be good. Keep the players on their toes as well

I've always rated 41411 myself. There are one or two teething problems with it though: principally the reliance on none of the officials, opposing manager, bench staff, team or fans actually noticing.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've always rated 41411 myself. There are one or two teething problems with it though: principally the reliance on none of the officials, opposing manager, bench staff, team or fans actually noticing.

Always worth a try, but it's not gonna happen really is it?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Colunga . . . . Shudder.

Not up to it !

Yes need 2 wingers. 2 quality players per position if your serious about heading up

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yup, definitely. We need good quality cover in all positions. Sign 2 wingers and we are very nearly there and then with the DS squad chaps pushing on, things will suddenly start to look very bright.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

That's 11 players outfield....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

True. Was meant to be 4411 but I'm thinking we should give 41411 a go

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What odds are you offering on both KLL & March playing a full 90 minutes v Blackburn?

Answering that should give you a fair indication of just how badly the team needs 2 more wingers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, 2 new wingers are ESSENTIAL.

If we only make 2 more signings, wingers they must be :rock:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here