Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Damned tonight?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bit far for me but might be tempted to attend the 40th Anniversary gig at the Albert Hall next April.

Have you seen there's a film coming out about them by the director who made the brilliant Lemmy movie?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Saw them in Blackpool last Friday, as good as usual.

I also looked at The Albert hall gig, on the day it was announced even then they only had tickets up in the gods !! I was hoping it was a glitch in the system as I cant believe The Damned would sell that many ticket 9 months in advance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We'll see you there then :wave:

jazz pancake

Jul 4, 2015
Seeing them in Hastings tomorrow with my new partner, this is really true, called Eloise....doo doo doo do... Is the Albert Hall 40th really nearly sold out? Will Scabies make an appearance. Went to both days 10th anniversary at Brockwell Park. Incredibly underrated band the cartoon punk image maybe taking away from their incredible talent ? Monty Oxymorons band played in the Lamb in Lewes last year, they were dreadful.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
8:03 and Vanian is unhappy with the sound check, still at it, impromptu Neat Neat Neat muffled through the walls, support act not been on yet.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
8:03 and Vanian is unhappy with the sound check, still at it, impromptu Neat Neat Neat muffled through the walls, support act not been on yet.

Completly untrue, Vanian was not even in the building,
Pinch & Capt were the unhappy ones with the monitors.
Was quickly sorted.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Completly untrue, Vanian was not even in the building,
Pinch & Capt were the unhappy ones with the monitors.
Was quickly sorted.

That's just what we were told, was a bit more than quickly sorted though, wouldn't let us in till 8:15. Grand show mind, blumming superb.

1e209ec7cd02b2a883b4a97fca2d24f8.jpg

Support were entertaining too, they were chucked on stage and told to start, the desk pulled it together after a few numbers. Red Raucous.

30838cdbdd062e4136f98204ed9c2f25.jpg

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Brilliant gig!

Next two for me in Worthing are The Blockheads and Leo Sayer. :rock::rock:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Red Raucous played recently in San Diego, the drummer is still good frIends with members of The Beat Farmers, who still gig around town in various formats.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Crap. Wish I'd made the effort now. Set list anyone?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Crap. Wish I'd made the effort now. Set list anyone?

It was much as would be expected, although I'd not heard them play Anti Pope before (not that I remember) and also Fan Club which again I don't remember hearing them play that before.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here