Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A (lifetime) ban for abusing an Albion player on twitter/NSC/wherever?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Endorse, but with a yellow card, red card system. Who is the referee?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Crikey. Just as well CMS left when he did, I'd have been banned before September if that useless lump of hair product was still playing for us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has this - http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/repressnt-albion-with-pride-and-passion-2600312.aspx - been picked up before?

'The club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff, either in person or via any form of communication with club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules can expect a lengthy and potential life ban, depending on the severity of the breach.'

It would have to be pretty severe for them to follow that through, but in honesty what they've written there is no different to the duty of care expected of any employer, is it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would have to be pretty severe for them to follow that through, but in honesty what they've written there is no different to the duty of care expected of any employer, is it?

I agree with this. At times I've been quite dismayed, and embarrassed, at the way some supporters have behaved towards staff, especially the young catering staff. Maybe a few warnings wouldn't go a miss?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who decides the line between criticism and abuse?

Critical:
I don't know why we signed Fred Bloggs, he's not capable enough at this level. His positional sense was poor today, it affected the team performance. His passing was even worse. He was a bad choice. He looks overweight and unfit.

Abusive:
Fred Bloggs is a tosser, and fat t**t. We should send the c*** out on loan.

There's rarely much in between.

To be honest, for every person banned from a forum there will probably be five more who are happy to post as a result. This is my experience on a couple of Facebook pages I run. Most folk want to play adults. And a page also becomes a lot more interesting and informative.

The downside is that some trolls are fun to laugh at. Although some of them just don't realise we are laughing at them as opposed to with them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As I'm not a STH, and normally only watch the Albion when they're playing an away match reasonably near me (sorry: bad fan, I know) what precisely are they going to ban me from?

(Not that I go round abusing Albion players or staff anyway)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Critical:
I don't know why we signed Fred Bloggs, he's not capable enough at this level. His positional sense was poor today, it affected the team performance. His passing was even worse. He was a bad choice. He looks overweight and unfit.

Abusive:
Fred Bloggs is a tosser, and fat t**t. We should send the c*** out on loan.

There's rarely much in between.

To be honest, for every person banned from a forum there will probably be five more who are happy to post as a result. This is my experience on a couple of Facebook pages I run. Most folk want to play adults. And a page also becomes a lot more interesting and informative.

The downside is that some trolls are fun to laugh at. Although some of them just don't realise we are laughing at them as opposed to with them.

I know Fred and he's just text me saying he's putting in a transfer request and he's going to get you banned. :moo:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know Fred and he's just text me saying he's putting in a transfer request and he's going to get you banned. :moo:

Tell him he's a balding c***.

Actually, I could get with this trolling thing :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What a load of unnecessary tosh. It is a private business run from a private property who can bar any individual they want at any time.

'must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club'

So, if someone publicly has a pop at the club they will get banned? Maybe, maybe not, depends on the severity I guess.

I just don't understand the supposed NEED to be seen to be writing a new policy.

Oops, that's me banned then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here