Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustapha Carayol

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Interested to see his uber complimentary tweet about Greer & Dunk on Friday. He's been told he is surplus to requirements at Boro. Just have a sneaky feeling Hughton may reconsider if a loan option is available as suggested. Didn't look great at the end of last season, one mazey dribble aside. Here's a link to a well balanced view from the North East: http://bit.ly/1f9W1w3

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interested to see his uber complimentary tweet about Greer & Dunk on Friday. He's been told he is surplus to requirements at Boro. Just have a sneaky feeling Hughton may reconsider if a loan option is available as suggested. Didn't look great at the end of last season, one mazey dribble aside. Here's a link to a well balanced view from the North East: http://bit.ly/1f9W1w3

Wasn't that great. Would be very underwhelmed if we went for him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tough one, this.

He was massively underwhelming in his loan spell last year, yet when I've seen him in the past he's looked absolutely MUSTARD.

Was it that:

a. He was just coming back from a long term injury, and he has much more to offer?
b. The long term injury has broken him and he's now bang average?
c. He's one of these players that simply cannot be arsed on loan?

A quandary.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I just get the feeling that Carayol is one of those electric players that burn very brightly for a season or two, but after an injury fade into plodders that struggle with fitness and getting a good run of games together.

Hand on heart I'd rather we went after someone from League One that's exiciting, quick footed and has a point to prove - even if he doesn't quite have the Championship pedigree that Carayol brings.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As already said, he was nowhere near fit when we had him last season, so you'd assume that we didn't see any of what he is capable of.

If we bring in Murphy or Marshall as well, I wouldn't mind if we bought him back on loan as cover.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Personally I would take a punt on him. He'll be fitter, a little more committed and and will probably prosper with the better squad we have this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loans hopefully will be a last resort ..it was so refreshing last Friday that every single player was actually under contract to Brighton.

Loans will enable us (and all the other teams in the Football League) to get in players we could never afford to buy. Expect at least one or two of them, and enjoy watching them playing in the stripes while you have the chance.

OK, Gary Gardner and Leon Best were crap, but so were some of our permanent signings last season.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Same could be said for KLL. We've got him flying atm. Bit of tlc on him could reap rewards

His loan could be down to culture shock, coming from that craphole to Brighton. Took time to adjust to a view

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
That tweet about GG and LD was a strange one if he didn't want to come back here and play. As always depends on the money and how much of his wages we are paying. If signing him means the wages are used up on him then I would rather we didn't, but if it is Carayol and someone else then it can only be good for the team to have competition for places.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
did'nt he just sign a two year contract with Boro?
free or nominal fee, definitely not on loan thanks

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Loans will enable us (and all the other teams in the Football League) to get in players we could never afford to buy. Expect at least one or two of them, and enjoy watching them playing in the stripes while you have the chance.

OK, Gary Gardner and Leon Best were crap, but so were some of our permanent signings last season.

oh i agree....but last season was loan mania...and as i said it made a refreshing change ....and at this stage of the season any loan would surely have to be a season long one ...not that we know the club is considering any such deal

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tough one, this.

He was massively underwhelming in his loan spell last year, yet when I've seen him in the past he's looked absolutely MUSTARD.

Was it that:

a. He was just coming back from a long term injury, and he has much more to offer?
b. The long term injury has broken him and he's now bang average?
c. He's one of these players that simply cannot be arsed on loan?

A quandary.

Yep exactly this.

There is definitely a player there. Can we (well Hughton and the gang) get the best out of him?

Does he just need to feel "loved"?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's tough to judge an unfit player, returning from a long term injury and playing in a hopeless team. I'd prefer Marshall and/or Murphy but I wouldn't be disappointed if we got Muzzy, preferably permanent though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good player. But I would go for Will Buckley as Buckley is not injured so often.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here