Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prometheus

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not on my C4 at 9, but I thought it was a very good film.

Edit: Ah, Film4 at 9, well worth a watch, especially if you enjoyed Alien/s/III

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Film 4, not Ch 4. Not quite as bad a film as the critics said when first released, but definitely up itself. 6/10

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's utter shit but I'll watch it.
Total waste of the opportunity to give the franchise a new lift.
It doesn't make sense. So many holes.
It's a shame he's got his hands on P2.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Watched it when it first came out, and was a bit meh! Watched again last night and was able to appreciate it a lot more. I understood most of the connections.
Running directly in front of something falling on you is a cinematic given, instead of taking a few steps sideways. Obviously there should be a spin off franchise following Noomi Repace's adventures journeying to the giants home Planet.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It's a steaming pile of Mr. Magoo. Just watch Alien or Aliens and avoid the rest of the franchise.

watched it for the 3rd time, it's still awful. completely tension free. casting all wrong except fassenbender and elba. only alien, aliens, alien cubed the reedit are worthy. such a shame. annoyed Scott is doing the next one.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If your interested in this film this is worth a watch. Interesting insight into how a good film can go tits up!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was very disappointed when I saw it in the cinema mainly due to high expectation. It didn't help that it was in 3D which I just don't like. Watching it again I enjoyed it a lot more and would now rate it as a reasonably entertaining mess.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Nerd alert, but.... the thing that always bugs me about this film is that it's a prequel, yet they have better technology than the later films. That scanner thing that buzzs around and shows up lifesigns would have been bloody handy in Aliens and you would have thought that's the sort of thing some marines could have got their hands on.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nerd alert, but.... the thing that always bugs me about this film is that it's a prequel, yet they have better technology than the later films. That scanner thing that buzzs around and shows up lifesigns would have been bloody handy in Aliens and you would have thought that's the sort of thing some marines could have got their hands on.

Most likely helped it's filmed 25 odd years later

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's ok as a film - the 2 hours odd passed quite quickly when I watched it on a plane and I would like to see what happens next. It is certainly better than the Alien one set in the penal colony, which was hilarious.

Theron comes from Benoni where they are not well known as being intelligent, so that is why she did not run to the left or right.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The female lead, Noomi Rapace, had a severe case of overacting. She doesn’t even come close to Sigourney on the believability spectrum. Didn’t mind the film but it wasn’t great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here