Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League set to stay on US TV

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
NBC sign 6 year deal to retain Premier League rights in the US. They beat Fox (thankfully) and beIN Sports. NBC have done a good job so far, they are able to use multiple channels so that all PL games are screened and their choice of commentators has been good. Keeps us Expats happy.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Hmm... wonder if there is some way to obtain a cheap NBC subscription and stream it back over to the UK?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Every single premier league game is available to stream at the usual websites and most games can be streamed (for free that is) in near HD quality....

It's the "near HD quality" bit that I've never found. Generally any unofficial streaming I've looked at has been low quality, with a couple of notable exceptions but they only show a very limited subset of matches.

I know that it isn't going to happen any time soon but I find it difficult to believe that the premier league / football league haven't sat down and costed out what it would take for direct streaming of all matches to consumers on a pay-per-match basis and found that they could make a fortune.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
It's the "near HD quality" bit that I've never found. Generally any unofficial streaming I've looked at has been low quality

This is usually true but for premier league games you can more often than not find a good quality stream. Acestream is the way to go and there are often acestream links to be found for PL games. Google "reddit soccer streams"..... this is usually a pretty good source for high quality links.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
This is usually true but for premier league games you can more often than not find a good quality stream. Acestream is the way to go and there are often acestream links to be found for PL games. Google "reddit soccer streams"..... this is usually a pretty good source for high quality links.

for example, acestream content ID for a fairly decent stream of utd-villa: 7dcf3c8daaad0efbef55af2d74d52a5f8f65783c

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here