Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Newcastle offer for Dunk [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion have received no offer from Newcastle United for centre-half Lewis Dunk, The Argus understands.
Sources have denied reports of a bid from the North-East giants for Dunk, with Mike Williamson offered as part of the deal.
Albion boss Chris Hughton confirmed the absence of any offer from his old club today in his pre-match press conference for Saturday's trip to Fulham, who've had multiple bids for Dunk turned down.
Hughton said: "As far as I know it is speculation. He's a good player and sometimes that will happen. It's certainly not the first time and it won't be the last time there is speculation about a player.
"He's a Brighton player, he's trained well and that's always the best way to approach it."
Hughton believes it makes no difference whether there is interest from a club in the Premier League or the Championship.
He said: "I don't think it's any different for any player and I don't think it should be.
"Ultimately what we want to be doing with any of our best players is keeping them and doing what ever we can to make sure we put ourselves in the best position to do well this season.
"With any of our players it doesn't matter where speculation comes from or an approach comes from, we have to look after our best interests first."
Dunk, rested for Tuesday's Capital One Cup win at Southend, returns to the squad with former Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale and midfielder Dale Stephens for the trip to Craven Cottage.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here