Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Capital One Cup - Round 2 Draw

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Takes place tonight after Leeds v Donny

Just done a quick tally - If Leeds go through we miss out on seeding - if they lose we're 12th best Championship side left

The teams above us are:

1. Boro 4th
2. Hull Relegated from Prem
3. Brum 10th
4. Cardiff 11th
5. Charlton 12th
6. Reading 19th
7. Ipswich 6th
8. Wednesday 13th
9. Wolves 7th
10. Fulham 17th
11. QPR Relegated Prem
12. Leeds? 15th

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
CMPLBVUWUAA8_ON.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who do we WANT though?

Leeds out, be seeded, so avoid top 24 sides and hopefully secure an 'easy' passage through R2?

Leeds through, be unseeded, get a Prem side in R2, and make a couple of quid early doors?

Because the GLAMOROUS Prem sides are not in until R3, so there's no chance of a trip to Old Trafford / Emirates, etc, I'm in the former camp.

Come on DONNY.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, if we're not seeded we've got a 50% chance of drawing a Prem team. And another 50% at home. So, 25% chance of a Prem team at home.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, if we're not seeded we've got a 50% chance of drawing a Prem team. And another 50% at home. So, 25% chance of a Prem team at home.

Correct, but only Palace or Villa or Bournemouth, rather than Citeh or Arsenal or United.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And the same chance is drawing someone else in our division zzzzzzz

Yes, only us and Rotherham were sh*t enough last season to miss out on seeding (if Leeds win)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Who do we WANT though?

Leeds out, be seeded, so avoid top 24 sides and hopefully secure an 'easy' passage through R2?

Leeds through, be unseeded, get a Prem side in R2, and make a couple of quid early doors?

Because the GLAMOROUS Prem sides are not in until R3, so there's no chance of a trip to Old Trafford / Emirates, etc, I'm in the former camp.

Come on DONNY.

But, but, if Donny lose we have a chance of playing the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE. I can't believe you missed that. :nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Unfortunately Leeds look ok on Saturday so, depending on the team of course) I can see them winning.

I would like a home match with somebody who hasn't been to the Amex yet, Everton/Villa/WBA

But I beat we get Bournemouth away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here