Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne Airshow 2015

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone planning a visit (weather permitting) over the next 4 days?

Saturday for me - Vulcan, Reds, Blenheim, MiG 15 and Typhoon being the highlights.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Weather is looking precarious to say the least. Though if your into planes, then it'll be your last chance to see a Vulcan in the skies

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Weather is looking precarious to say the least. Though if your into planes, then it'll be your last chance to see a Vulcan in the skies

Not quite my last chance, I'm going to Shoreham next weekend where it is also scheduled to appear.

It is, beyond any doubt, my favourite aircraft to see and hear.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Ah fair play. I've never seen one take off, but people I know that have seen one do so, say that it's like an earthquake!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'll be there Saturday.
Will be able to see some of it from my house the other days but only when they go inland; last year the two Lancasters flew right over us.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ah fair play. I've never seen one take off, but people I know that have seen one do so, say that it's like an earthquake!

It can be rather visually impressive as well as deafening:

[yt]sh-9uZjg1Tg[/yt]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
fly right over my back garden
and the Vulcan looked good from the bench at the rear of the Sovreign centre .....spectacular:thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Wonder how we'll bomb the airport at Stanley if the Argies play up again? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It can be rather visually impressive as well as deafening:

[yt]sh-9uZjg1Tg[/yt]

Amazing how war progresses technology, designed by the team that designed the Lancaster, Lancs over Germany in 1945, the Vulcan appears in 1952 :eek:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Amazing how war progresses technology, designed by the team that designed the Lancaster, Lancs over Germany in 1945, the Vulcan appears in 1952 :eek:
Incredible, isn't it?

11 years I believe from the first flight of a Lanc to the first flight of a Vulcan, yet they look decades apart.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Incredible, isn't it?

11 years I believe from the first flight of a Lanc to the first flight of a Vulcan, yet they look decades apart.

We could do with another major war soon as the Microwave is getting old hat :moo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shame I'll be at Fulham what planes do they have planned for the Sunday ?

SUNDAY 16th August

Flying starts at 12:40
RAF Red Arrows - 16:30

RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (sans Lanc as it's grounded after an engine fire earlier in the year)

RAF Typhoon FGR4

RAF Hawk Duo Role Demo Display

RAF Tutor

Tigers Parachute Display Team

RN Sea King HC4

P40 Kittyhawk

The Blades

Jet Provost

Rv8tors

Breitling Wing Walkers

ARCo Spitfire

Blenheim

Norwegian Mig 15

Bulldog

Patrouille Reva

Norwegian Vampires

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Saturday for me - Vulcan, Reds, Blenheim, MiG 15 and Typhoon being the highlights.

Yep, Saturday for me too.

Was initially furious, that friends and my wife had booked camping at Wimbles farm near Heathfield, and was missing Fulham, but as Polegate station is only 9 mins away from E.bourne, now pretty happy..!

Last edited:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Headcorn for me. Shoreham the week after (Sunday) and Dunsfold the week after that.
Looking forward to the MiG but plenty of Vulcan howl.

Headcorn for me. Shoreham the week after (Sunday) and Dunsfold the week after that.
Looking forward to the MiG but plenty of Vulcan howl.

The last time I looked the Vulcan was due on both days at Dunsfold.
We're just a couple of km from the aerodrome and normally get a decent view from the garden; a couple of years ago the Vulcan turned up during the week before the show for some trial flypasts etc. It was around for 10-15 minutes and is a truly awesome sight, real spine tingling stuff. I don't think I've heard anything that loud since Deep Purple's gig at the Big Apple in Windsor Street in 1971.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here