Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford are relaying their pitch

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
So here we are, less than a week into the new season and Brentford have just noticed that their pitch is rubbish. Joke club.

"Brentford’s Championship match against Birmingham City will not take place next Tuesday. The match has been postponed and will now take place on Tuesday 29 September.

"The decision has been taken due to the current condition of the playing surface at Griffin Park. The club believe the best way to ensure it is at a high standard for the rest of the 2015-16 season is to relay it as soon as possible."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So here we are, less than a week into the new season and Brentford have just noticed that their pitch is rubbish. Joke club.

"Brentford’s Championship match against Birmingham City will not take place next Tuesday. The match has been postponed and will now take place on Tuesday 29 September, when Brentford fully expect to have a stronger squad..

"The decision has been taken due to the current condition of the playing surface at Griffin Park. The club believe the best way to ensure it is at a high standard for the rest of the 2015-16 season is to relay it as soon as possible."

Or am I just too cynical?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There were complaints about the pitch during last night's game. Though it's probably easier to complain when you're 4-0 down at home to Oxford United, I suppose.

There were photos doing the rounds on Twitter. Seemed to be cutting up appallingly badly for August.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]631187078806663168[/tweet]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hope they are fined for there actions, terrible that a pitch is cutting up like that in August. Even we managed a decent playing surfice at Withdean!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Some of my Oxford-supporting friends were at the game last night. They told me that all over the pitch there was sand sprayed green.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Brentford are offering to reimburse any Birmingham supporters left out of pocket due to travel expenses incurred up £100

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Thank goodness, they lost their star player for the season so I think they have been punished quite severely already, I dont want to see any other players with career threatning cruciate injuries from such a poor playing surface.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Won't being able to fulfil their fixture against Birmingham tonight have to result in a fine even if it's a nominal one?
Great to see that they've acted quickly although how they didn't know some weeks or months ago that it wasn't going to be good enough beggars belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here