Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
IF, I know its quite a big if, we sign Uwe and KEEP Dunk.... does anyone else not have extreme confidence that we will land a couple more real class attacking players and thus complete an incredible transfer window to produce the most complete Albion Squad have in well...since ever?

I know there is a problem with being over excited but well... it took Barcacelona more than 90 minutes to beat Seville. We don't concede goals. We have BONG and we havn't even had a minute of football from one of the greatest players to ever grace the stripes to inspire last 20 minute turnarounds.

Premiership ready... there I said it.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm going to join you in your optimism and confidence and agree that maybe, just maybe ......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
With or without UWE we will have one of the best defences in the division but that isn't where our issues lie,

Still holding out hope but all the signs point towards last day signings , not great after a whole summer in dire need. Keeping positive though (the 2 wins have helped). A loss to nil will probably bring back a meltdown all round though

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well I for one am nailing my colours to the "Dunk is off" mast.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
With or without UWE we will have one of the best defences in the division but that isn't where our issues lie,

Still holding out hope but all the signs point towards last day signings , not great after a whole summer in dire need. Keeping positive though (the 2 wins have helped). A loss to nil will probably bring back a meltdown all round though
If that hasn't been suggested as his song then congrats!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Fully aware I have set myself up for a large car crash here, the magic of a Cornish rattler is outstanding though. That and we really have not had it this good in a while so might as well bloody enjoy it!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We had this exact thread after Leeds away last year - praising Burke etc... Let's just wait and see. The signs are promising again, but judge after 10 games. Bong was good the other night but everyone is judging him on one appearance - be cautious!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Not sure you can judge us by the forest game as they were dire , but looked promising compared to last season.

Think this will be more of a season getting ready to make a push for next season.

Maybe getting a couple of wingers in that we are after might get me excited that we can at least challenge for top 6

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still confident that there are two wingers and another striker yet to arrive.

Confident we'll have a more than decent squad. Just remains to be seen what the manager can get out of them.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We had this exact thread after Leeds away last year - praising Burke etc... Let's just wait and see. The signs are promising again, but judge after 10 games. Bong was good the other night but everyone is judging him on one appearance - be cautious!

Exactly a season of shite, followed by a Win against what look to be a bang average Forest side at best and Southend.

I dont think we are in any position to talk about IF's just yet.

Remember IF Calde hadnt got booked in the playoff second leg we may be in the Premier League right now. IF's get you no where.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Rightly or wrongly, I love your optimism [MENTION=16873]ifightbears[/MENTION] - it's bloody refreshing after a year or of utter turd.

For what it's worth I'm fairly certain Dunk will leave within a few days but I'm also sure that our defence, with or without Dunk, will be meaner than a skilletful of rattlesnakes. I also think we're going to sign some quality on the wings and this makes me very, very excited.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here