Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Views on this weekend and this season etc

Viva El Fulham

Aug 11, 2015
Hello All,

I hope you are all good, I am sure you are pretty happy after dodging a potential banana skin yesterday away to Southend. We did the same beating Wycombe 1-0 away....

I am from Viva El Fulham, but I come in peace.... We are just wanting to know your views on a few things, and if you could help answer a few questions that would be really appreciated.

1) Firstly let's talk about last season, can you sum up the season in a few sentences?

2) Have you been happy with the coming's / goings over the summer, who was your biggest loss, along with the best signing in your opinion?

3) Your views on the manager and chairman of your club?

4) What do you think of David Stockdale, he was loved by some, and disliked by others at Fulham, is this the same at Brighton?

5) Your expectations for the coming season?

6) Your player to watch this season?

7) One Fulham player ( if any ) you would like in a Brighton shirt?

8 ) The big one.... Score predictions for Saturday?

I know you all have different opinions, but we would love to hear them all.

Your answers will be shared on vivaelfulhamforums.com

Thanks everyone, and good luck for the season ( apart from when you play Fulham )

Viva El Fulham

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Hello All,

I hope you are all good, I am sure you are pretty happy after dodging a potential banana skin yesterday away to Southend. We did the same beating Wycombe 1-0 away....

I am from Viva El Fulham, but I come in peace.... We are just wanting to know your views on a few things, and if you could help answer a few questions that would be really appreciated.

1) Firstly let's talk about last season, can you sum up the season in a few sentences?

2) Have you been happy with the coming's / goings over the summer, who was your biggest loss, along with the best signing in your opinion?

4) What do you think of David Stockdale, he was loved by some, and disliked by others at Fulham, is this the same at Brighton?

8) Beram Kayal. By far our best player IMO.

Thanks everyone, and good luck for the season ( apart from when you play Fulham )

Viva El Fulham

1) Shite.

2) We haven't lost anyone we didn't want to. Rosenoir/Bong/Hemed/Zamora/Maepaa/Hunmeire all should be good signings.

3) Think it is unfair to judge Hughton after last season, so i'm not sure yet. A lot of respect for the chairman, done a lot for us, just wish he'd put a bit more money into the playing budget.

4) Stockdale - I'm really not confident with him between the sticks. His positioning is terrible and decision making sometimes costs us. But, as the whole team was poor last year, i'll be hoping we see different this year.

5) i would expect mid table. 4 more quality signings and we could be looking at play offs. Very tough league this year though.

6) Beram Kayal. By far our best player.

7) McCormack - not for £11m though.

8) 1-1.

Not asking us about Dunk?

Stumpy Tim

Well I'll answer because I'm really BORED at work

Two games old, two 1-0 wins.

So far, as long as there's more to come, and we don't sell Dunk to a tinpot team in the Championship

Bloom is a legend obviously. Hughton's doing a decent job, if a little dull at times

Can be amazing, and then drop an absolute clanger. Needs to learn not to push shots back into the danger area

Top half

Our two Israeli's. Kayal in central midfield & Hemed upfront. I have a feeling he's going to do the business this season

McCormack - always rated him

1-0 Albion

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hello All,

Viva El Fulham

1. Can sum up last season in one word ... "crap". Only high point was the win at Craven Cottage, probably the best performance and certainly the best atmosphere.
2. Pretty happy with the comings and goings so far. No "biggest loss", in fact no loss of consequence. Best signing without question is Bobby Zamora.
3. Manager is a very big improvement over the last one, probably over the last two. We need to judge him over a full season, but so far quite encouraging. Chairman saved the club. What more is there to say.
4. Stockdale had a mixed season last time. This season he has competition from an experienced number 2, so will be interesting to see how he performs.
5. Hope to see us in the playoffs again this season, but to achieve that we need a couple more good signings.
6. Player to watch has to be Zamora.
7. ?
8. 0-2!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You will win this I think.

Early signs are we still have goal scoring issues which until our creativity is addressed will remain. Defence looks strong though so would think 1 goal in this either way. Our prob will arise when the first 11 are not on top, we have nothing to change the game positively . We can change it to go more solid but that's it.

Hopefully Zamora be good for 15 so gives us a slight plan B attacking option.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I will answer as I have just woken up after having a few beers last night.
1. Last season was very poor. We recruited very badly from top to bottom. Tony Bloom is a gambler and he gambled with the last three managers. Poyet had not managed before, Garcia was unknown and spoke poor English but both did well. We then employed Hypia who was a disaster. We now have a tried and tested manager in Hughton. Already the players being recruited are much better than last season.
2. So far the players arriving are better than the ones that have left although there is still some work to be carried out.
3. Bloom is fabulous and a very clever guy. Hughton will hopefully push us up the table although I think it will be many years before we will go up.
4. Stockdale ,the jury is still out. He seems a really nice guy though. He spent ages signing autographs at an open day.
5. Expectations. Top half and better football. We are fighting teams with huge parachute payments and find it hard to compete. We try and stick to FFP and then find teams like QPR are not punished properly.
6. Kayal is our best player.
7.mcCormack it has to be.He is the only one I have heard of!
8. Score. 0-0.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
We are just wanting to know your views on a few things, and if you could help answer a few questions that would be really appreciated.

Boring, Lackluster, Unambitious. There's really not much else I can say about last season, it was pretty dire.

Quite happy to be honest, a good 8/10 with the current transfer busines done, a huge improvement over last season.
Zamora is obviously a big deal, due to his history at BHA, but for me, Hemed and Bong are the most important and vital additions to the squad.
No big losses, yet.

Tony Bloom can't be criticized, he's put in over £200m to the club, plus he just seems like an all-round good guy.
With regards to Hughton, I can't comment as I refuse to judge him on last season. Ask again after 23 games.

I'm not sure about Stockdale. As above, I can't make any judgments on him because of last seasons squad. I'd have liked Walton to be given more game-time with BHA but he's been sent out on loan, which is fair enough.

Top 8. Anything less will be a failure. We really should be gunning for a play-off spot.

Beram Kayal. Quality.

Ross McCormack

1-1
Boring prediction but at this stage I think both teams will match each other.

Viva El Fulham

Aug 11, 2015
Thank you for the initial responses.

I did not mention Dunk, because at the moment it is just probably another one of the many many rumours circulating the championship. Obviously we are very weak at the back, and he is an excellent defender, so if he was to come to Fulham, I think the majority of fans would be absolutely delighted.

For my personal opinion, and not speaking on behalf of VEF I would answer as follows;

1) Terrible season, it started with one of the worse managers the championship has ever seen, but it soon got better with KS, before ending the season in a very average fashion.
2) Our Biggest Loss is probably still to come, but at the moment it would be our young sensation Patrick Roberts, who looks destined to be the next promising English player to waste a few years of his career at Man City. Best Signing would be Tom Cairney
3 ) I like KS, he does seem to be a bit to reactive, as appose to proactive with his subs, but he is still learning..... Bought well this summer, so hopefully he gets us playing a better style of football.... The owner comes in for a lot of stick, but does put his money in to the club. A real marmite Character within the fans, but I trust he is doing the right thing for the club.
4) DS is a great shot stopper, and shows a lot of passion, but does sometimes do the basics very hard. I was sad to see him leave
5) I would hope we will be top 10, with a late push for the play offs... We are still a few players off that though
6) Lasse Vigen Christensen - He is a young player, with good pace and energy in the middle of the park. Very useful young player, who can always find space in tight areas.
7) Dunk
8) I think Brighton will be a lot more competitive this season, and like us I fully expect them to be closer to the top than the bottom. I am going for a 2-1 home win though. Zamora, Rosenior and Stockdale will be looking to get one over Fulham, so it will not be easy

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Pretty disappointing, at best.

As said previously, we haven't (yet) lost anyone who has made our squad weaker. Zamora was obviously a huge signing for most Brighton fans because of his history with us. I think he'll do well this season, but actually I think Hemed will prove be our most astute signing. Bong looks to be very solid on the limited evidence so far too.

Manager - He's not the most exciting manager, but I think he's got what it takes. Did enough to keep us up last year, now I'm interested to see what he can do with his own squad and a full season. The chairman Tony Bloom is a legend round these parts - lifelong Brighotn fan who has invested something like £200m in our stadium and new training facilities, which he doesn't expect to see a return on. We're in very good hands.

I like him, though your description of his time in Fulham applies here too.

At the moment, mid-table. With one or two good signings, a challenge for playoffs could be on the cards.

Kayal. Midfield general who runs the show. On the other hand, Dunk is awful. Don't pay any attention to him.

McCormack

1-1

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Beyond abysmal. Couldn't wait for it to end.

Yeah overall pretty happy. Bong has impressed immediately.

Hughton - 'Safety First', but infinitely more competent than Hyypia; Bloom - Love the bloke.

Doesn't inspire 100% confidence, but he's a decent keeper overall.

Mid-Table. Not many goals scored or conceded.

Kayal.

Kacaniklic

0-0 torpid borefest, only livened up by me being pissed out of my brains from about midday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In chronological order - Unprepared, Experimental, Poor, Naïve, then Battling, Hopeful, then finally Dull.

Yes. Bong and Hemed both look like good players.

Can't complain about either. Chairman is a club legend.

Frustrating. Best parts of his game are very, very good. Worst parts are very, very poor. Not quite filled Kusz's shoes just yet but was a big ask to do so.

Midtable. Certainly better than last season.

King Kayal. Our actual onpitch Captain, despite Greer wearing the armband.

McCormack seems a goal magnet at Championship level. Dembele? Parker from a couple of years back...

Absolutely no idea - typical Championship game, could easily go any of 3 ways. Won well at yours last season but that was under our Asst. Manager, a real show of passion and fight. I'll go draw, 2-2 and a good game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1) Firstly let's talk about last season, can you sum up the season in a few sentences? Dull losing football, bland beige loan signings. I've forgotten it already.

2) Have you been happy with the coming's / goings over the summer, who was your biggest loss, along with the best signing in your opinion?Yes. We've got rid of some of the dead wood and the replacements seem to be an upgrade. Tomer Hemed has the potential to be this seasons Ulloa.

3) Your views on the manager and chairman of your club? Tony Bloom is a legend. A gambler with a degree in maths, he can't lose! Hughton has been around the block, not much charisma but knows what he's doing. Loving his 4-4-2 tactics, loving.

4) What do you think of David Stockdale, he was loved by some, and disliked by others at Fulham, is this the same at Brighton? Nice fellow, should keep off Twitter though, can't see how that will help him. Hopefully he'll start pushing saves left and right rather than straight at the incoming forward. Yeah he's ok.

5) Your expectations for the coming season? Some exciting football, more wins than losses and a top half finish.

6) Your player to watch this season? Kayal. The best player in our team, energy, leadership, skill and a nasty streak.

7) One Fulham player ( if any ) you would like in a Brighton shirt? Patrick Roberts.

8 ) The big one.... Score predictions for Saturday? 2-1 Fulham :(

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Boring, Lackluster, Unambitious. There's really not much else I can say about last season, it was pretty dire.

Quite happy to be honest, a good 8/10 with the current transfer busines done, a huge improvement over last season.
Zamora is obviously a big deal, due to his history at BHA, but for me, Hemed and Bong are the most important and vital additions to the squad.
No big losses, yet.

Tony Bloom can't be criticized, he's put in over £200m to the club, plus he just seems like an all-round good guy.
With regards to Hughton, I can't comment as I refuse to judge him on last season. Ask again after 23 games.

I'm not sure about Stockdale. As above, I can't make any judgments on him because of last seasons squad. I'd have liked Walton to be given more game-time with BHA but he's been sent out on loan, which is fair enough.

Top 8. Anything less will be a failure. We really should be gunning for a play-off spot.

Beram Kayal. Quality.

Ross McCormack

1-1
Boring prediction but at this stage I think both teams will match each other.
I was talking to a Leeds fan. He suggested Albion might have had slightly unrealistic expectations. I pointed out we HAD been in 2 play offs but last season was a reality check if we needed one. I said most fans would have learned to be a bit patient and nobody is expecting too much for this season. Hmmm

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I was talking to a Leeds fan. He suggested Albion might have had slightly unrealistic expectations. I pointed out we HAD been in 2 play offs but last season was a reality check if we needed one. I said most fans would have learned to be a bit patient and nobody is expecting too much for this season. Hmmm

Of course the Leeds fan would say that.
Last season wasn't a 'reality check'. It's what happens when you remove your good players and replace them with less than average ones.
We had very good players between 2011-2013, therefore we finished in good positions.

We are now obviously trying to replicate the 2011-2013 seasons.
Therefore, we should be gunning for top 8 - ideally top 6.

My expectations are for BHA to finish in the top THIRD of the table.
I don't think that's expecting too much at all.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

- Lets just not mention it. The highlight was the win at your place in Decemeber that game probably saw us come together as a team after Samis sacking and helped get a few results.

- We have seen a few players come in and a lot of transfers that the fans were unaware of Jack Harper is the stand out signing for me, he could have some real class, big things were are expected of him by the Jocks and when he was at Madrid. No real losses to the squad, however Tex going back to Liverpool means we have lost a creative spark.

- Tony Blooms Blue and White Army! Chris Hughton, seems to be doing a fairly decent job, seems very level headed and I am sure will do a fair job for us.

- I rate Stockdale, his kicking and distribution is certainly a great asset, he made a few errors last season but I think he is the most rounded keeper we have had. Koosh was purely a shot stopper Stockdale has more about him and I enjoy his passion, he does look a little weak when it comes to crosses and balls put in his six yard box though.

- 10th-14th

- Kayal has shown a lot of quality in a short space of time, Lua Lua has started the season with a rocket up his arse and again Harper once we have him fit.

- Luke Garbutt although he is on loan to you. Your Danish Midfielder can't remember his name looks decent too.

0-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here