Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Sussex

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I normally try and get to away games, but tonight sadly not.

Is Warren Aspinall a regular co-commentator?

I can barely stand to listen to him. What qualifies him? OK he used to play years ago, but is he really the most articulate and knowledgeable former Albion player available on a Tuesday night? Or perhaps just the cheapest.

I thought I'd heard it all when he had a go at the Shrimpers Physio for being fat ! :facepalm:

I'll be at Huddersfield next Tuesday, and leave you lot to listen to this throwback

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Radio Reverb is where it's at these days. Radio Snooze dropped off sometime in the noughties when Harty left. Save yourself 90minutes live commentary and replace with 60 quality reflective ones with the Roar's Review.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like Warren, I think he's quite insightful with some of his comments. Talking about a fat physio wasn't one of his finer moments though!

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I normally try and get to away games, but tonight sadly not.

Is Warren Aspinall a regular co-commentator?

I can barely stand to listen to him. What qualifies him? OK he used to play years ago, but is he really the most articulate and knowledgeable former Albion player available on a Tuesday night? Or perhaps just the cheapest.

In relation to what qualifies him I believe he is also a scout for us and in fact was the man who identified Christian Walton. I may be wrong but if that is the case then that certainly qualifies him imo

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have to stick up for Warren. I have no idea why he speaks as he does and I believe I know my football. But Warren is something else and knows it inside out like the ex-pro that he is. He seems to have a bit of the insider about him and, as someone else has said, he has a rare insight, so makes a great colour commentator. His critics need to listen through the impediment to the content.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
His critics need to listen through the impediment to the content.

I genuinely had no idea he had a speach impediment. Its not how he speaks, its what he says that gets me.

Look I have only been watching football for forty five years. That is my only qualification. I've never played and have no insider ex-pro insight.

He just repeated what he said in the first five minutes that he saw Cardiff v Fulham on Saturday, and that he has ruled both of them out of being anywhere near the top of the table at the end of the season. Based on 90 minutes neither are any danger to Brighton. A shrewd observation or total and utter nonsense?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Y
I genuinely had no idea he had a speach impediment. Its not how he speaks, its what he says that gets me.

Look I have only been watching football for forty five years. That is my only qualification. I've never played and have no insider ex-pro insight.

He just repeated what he said in the first five minutes that he saw Cardiff v Fulham on Saturday, and that he has ruled both of them out of being anywhere near the top of the table at the end of the season. Based on 90 minutes neither are any danger to Brighton. A shrewd observation or total and utter nonsense?

Time will tell. He's pretty observant.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Aspinall knows our club, knows the division, knows our players, knows some of what is going on behind the scenes, and is willing to give an opinion. I prefer listening to him than any of the other experts.

Carry on Warren.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here