Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to Sir Norman Gall?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just listening to Jonny and Warren on the radio and reminded of some of the legendary commentaries from Sir Norm. Is he still around and involved with the club?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
He was working for me until a year or so ago, delivering cars for a bit of beer money. Called it a day to retire properly though!
Still part of our golf society (along with Peter O'sullivan) and was playing regularly up until recently as has been having trouble with his knees.
Said he gets the odd invite from the club or other players and Goes to the Amex once or twice a season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Still alive and kicking in Steyning. I have not seen him for a couple of months but he is often around and about.

Same with Sully. He is often sitting at the bow window of The Chequers.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He was working for me until a year or so ago, delivering cars for a bit of beer money. Called it a day to retire properly though!
Still part of our golf society (along with Peter O'sullivan) and was playing regularly up until recently as has been having trouble with his knees.
Said he gets the odd invite from the club or other players and Goes to the Amex once or twice a season.

And there is the full answer ..................

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Glad to hear it. Many thanks for the replies and if you see him please pass on my regards. He may be gone but not forgotten.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He's here, he's there, he's.......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Great man. Got to know him well in his Horsham playing days. I asked Jonny Cantor about him a while back and he said he was doing fine.

this is good
glad he is doing well

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Worked for a brewery at one time.
Used to give us lots of freebies.
Nice bloke.
Sully too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills