Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City bid SIX MILLION POUNDS for Palace strker

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
According to a better than average twitter (though by no means 100%) Brizzle have bid 6 million for Dwight Gayle.

Quite a bid if true given how teary Cotterill looked on that Channel 5 abortion on Sat night.

[TWEET]631091460440502272[/TWEET]

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Would be slightly surprised if that went through. City came up last season on a wave of optimism. The fact that nobody decent seems to want to sign for them over the summer appears to have dampened those feelings somewhat. Cotterill looked a broken man on C5.

Gayle would be a huge boost to them. Can't believe they're willing to pay that much though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I cant believe he wont get a better offer from someone like Burnley or Hull for example.

A side with genuine promotion chances.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
While I offered the original link without (much) opinion this is another example of Paul Barber being correct about how overpriced British players are at the moment. This is inflationary at best.

Gayle's ok but he's no six million pound man

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not so sure it is all that insane. If he signs for 3 or 4 years, I'd say £6m could be decent value if only because everybody is after strikers at the moment which is why Blackburn want £14m for a Scot who hasn't even got any top flight experience. It's also a statement of intent. Other targets will look at Bristol City a bit differently if they're spending that sort of money.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Decent player.

Would like us to have him but how can you compete with 6m ! crazy prices this summer

Yes but not at that price. Palace totally over paid for him but doesn't seem that bad if now getting their money back.

Waiting for the bellends to come onto this thread telling us what an amazing finisher he is, I know they are lurking.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's also a statement of intent. Other targets will look at Bristol City a bit differently if they're spending that sort of money.

Indeed they will - they'll add an extra £5,000 per week to their wage demands!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Said to one of our resident Palace goons the other day that he'd be a good signing for a Championship side. Clearly not quite good enough for the Premier League, unless they were allowed to play Liverpool every week, but with a regular run in the Championship, should start scoring goals again.

£6 million seems like an awful lot, and in some respects, I'd be surprised if the player himself chose City, good club though they are. They presumably are loading all their financial eggs into this particular basket, however, having had a fairly poor summer, transfer-wise. Perhaps their board have decided they need to make a big statement to keep fans happy. The fee represents decent business for Palace too, on a player who, while seemingly popular with fans, has in all honesty been a failure.

Gayle scored 14 goals in a relegated Championship side, a couple of seasons ago. Not bad, but also about the same as Chris O'Grady...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He will score goals in the Championship, £6 million (potentially 8) seems excessive though. Good business again from Palace unfortunately if it comes off, making profit on a player who has been pretty hit and miss for them and is probably 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Yes but not at that price. Palace totally over paid for him but doesn't seem that bad if now getting their money back.

Waiting for the bellends to come onto this thread telling us what an amazing finisher he is, I know they are lurking.

He will score goals in the Championship, £6 million (potentially 8) seems excessive though. Good business again from Palace unfortunately if it comes off, making profit on a player who has been pretty hit and miss for them and is probably 4th or 5th in the pecking order.

This and this.

We could have used Gayle last season but not at 6 mill.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here