Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton council top security breach list

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
data breaches do not equal security breaches, though i wouldn't expect the BBC or a vested interest group to bother to explain that. the last bullet point highlights it though, of the headline 4,236, in only 260 was "sensitive" information compromised. not defending breaches but we need to be careful what comes from stories like this as paranoid companies will just make everyday admin more difficult, DPA is already thrown around far to lightly.

How on earth can do public sector workers just not care, unless there is a strike coming up

197 lost or stolen phones, USB or laptops, across all local authorities is a bloody good showing, considering how many hundreds of thousands of such devices this covers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
197 lost or stolen phones, USB or laptops, across all local authorities is a bloody good showing, considering how many hundreds of thousands of such devices this covers.

Yes, I'm amazed that it's that low. In the early days of laptops, when they were expensive, I worked for a company that had six laptops to be shared by staff members: within about six months, five were gone. 197 across the whole country in a year is a miracle, frankly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here