southend-united.png
--------------
brighton-and-hove-albion.png

CAPITAL ONE CUP FIRST ROUND
Venue: Roots Hall
Date: Tuesday, 11 August
Kick-off time: 19:45 BST

TEAM NEWS

Joe Pigott and David Worrall are pushing to start for Southend against Brighton in the Capital One Cup.
Both players came on as substitutes in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Fleetwood, while keeper Daniel Bentley is set to play despite interest from QPR.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton could hand full debuts to keeper Niki Maenpaa and defender Liam Rosenior.
But striker Bobby Zamora is unlikely to feature as he continues to build up his match fitness.

MATCH FACTS

Southend defeated Brighton 3-2 in their last League Cup meeting (2006-07), with four of the five goals in the game being scored in the final four minutes.

The team playing away from home has won the last four competitive encounters between Southend and Brighton.
Southend have been eliminated from the League Cup at the first-round stage in each of the last four seasons.

Brighton reached round four of the League Cup last season - the furthest they have progressed in the competition since 1979-80.

:albion2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Southend will be keen to put one over on the current UEFA Europa League Cup holders . punk:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Predicted team selection to look something like this.

Maenpaa

Calderon ---- Greer ---- Rea ---- Rosenoir

Ince

Tilley ---- Holla ---- JFC

Colunga -- COG​

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Southend will be keen to put one over on the current UEFA Europa League Cup holders . punk:

The Champions League trophy we won when we beat Chelsea ended up, believe it or not back with Chelsea when they took it back from Villa in May 13.

If I'm right it went from us to Swindon, Preston, Crawley, Tranmere, Bournemouth, Wigan, Sunderland, Reading, Stoke, Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Chelsea

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will be rushing into work in the morning to get the results.
I think that even our second string should be ok.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Predicted team selection to look something like this.

Maenpaa

Calderon ---- Greer ---- Rea ---- Rosenoir

Ince

Tilley ---- Holla ---- JFC

Colunga -- COG​

Swap Dunk for Greer and I think that is about right. Hughton has said there will be changes but not wholesale, so maybe it will not be that drastic, but we will see. Hope young Tilley gets a run out though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know we have more important matches coming up and I know there is a risk of injury BUT I would like to see Baldock and Hemed starting as the more game time they get together the more of a partnership they could form. I also feel winning is a habit so lets go for the win tonight (in normal time so we don't get home an hour later)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I know we have more important matches coming up and I know there is a risk of injury BUT I would like to see Baldock and Hemed starting as the more game time they get together the more of a partnership they could form. I also feel winning is a habit so lets go for the win tonight (in normal time so we don't get home an hour later)

I am also of this view, and am hoping Mr Hughton is also.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee - Iain Williamson
Assistants - Dave Bushell and Alan Dale
Fourth Official - Carl Fitch

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Wondering if the club will announce any signings via Twitter before the game tonight.
Good luck to the away fans travelling up there, hope it's worth it!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope he puts out a strong team - a good cup run is always a feel good factor, and besides, we need to make winning a habit.

Run out for the FIG, Rosenior at RB and Rea in for either GG or Dunk.
Maybe Ince in to give Kayal or Stephens a rest (do they really need a rest??).
Can Tilley play left wing? If so, him and Calde in the wide positions, and keep Baldock and Hemed up front - let's get a partnership going there.

And no, hopefully CH will have the sense at least to start with 4-4-2, not try some daft idea like 4-1-3-2 when we haven't been playing that way.

Up the Albion! Hoping for a nice win tonight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think they'll be goals unusually, Southend are a decent side especially at home. A score draw or a narrow 3-2 win to the Albion

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have them at 0-3 to the Albion on the score predictor, hope thats not over confidence

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always wantbAlbion to win, but if our 2nd string team don't I really won't give a shit...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
#BHAFC team v #SUFC: Maenpaa; Rosenior, Greer, Rea, Bong; Calderon, Holla, Ince, LuaLua; Forster-Caskey; O'Grady.

Subs: Ankergren (GK), Bruno, Chicksen, Kayal, March, Baldock, Hemed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here