Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most important/valuable 'thing' you have left behind.....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey, that's a very embarrassing story. Having made a similar journey recently I can't imagine how parents (I'm assuming there were two involved ) could not notice a missing kid. Also, depending upon their ages, wouldn't the other kids have noticed?!

You'd have thought so

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My iPod Touch on a Virgin plane

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Either a fragment of my left temporal lobe in the Aldwych area one rueful hit'n'run night, or the Inter Milan style Albion away kit in a pub in Seven Sisters of which the owner, who I knew the girlfriend's cousin of, beat said girlfriend viciously, turfing her out, meaning I couldn't pop along and ask if he said my treasured shirt. The owner a short while after was murdered, not by me, making it even trickier to turn up and ask for something so meaningful to me, but worthless, I suppose, to the mourning, and to the investigating officers.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Either a fragment of my left temporal lobe in the Aldwych area one rueful hit'n'run night, or the Inter Milan style Albion away kit in a pub in Seven Sisters of which the owner, who I knew the girlfriend's cousin of, beat said girlfriend viciously, turfing her out, meaning I couldn't pop along and ask if he said my treasured shirt. The owner a short while after was murdered, not by me, making it even trickier to turn up and ask for something so meaningful to me, but worthless, I suppose, to the mourning, and to the investigating officers.

I would have thought that at some point you've lost most of your lobes. Don't get me wrong, I love your posts, very inventive and original but it does speak to me of someone who took a very heavy acid trip and never quite came back. It's a bit like teleportation I suppose

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
On a family holiday in France 4/5 years ago.

Had taken the Euro Tunnel and then driven down to the Bayeux area. We had a good time there, and were making good time on the way back. In fact we'd done 350 of the 375km trip (217 of 233 miles) to the Tunnel when we got a call from our hotel to let us know they'd just found our passports. I was about 16 at the time and threw a massive tantrum and refused to help pay at the tollbooths despite being in the front passenger seat and having them on my side.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We once left our mate in the toilet and headed off to prom without him

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, that's a very embarrassing story. Having made a similar journey recently I can't imagine how parents (I'm assuming there were two involved ) could not notice a missing kid. Also, depending upon their ages, wouldn't the other kids have noticed?!

I could, just about, imagine going off without a kid but to travel 90 miles without noticing is incredible

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In my sparky days I put down my tools drills etc in the street beside my van as I was distracted by a phone call, without thinking I jumped in the van and headed off home leaving the tools still in the street. Halfway down the M23 it dawned on me what I had done so in a panic I turned round and headed back, amazingly all my tools were still there a good hour later and what was more amazing I had left them in Croydon.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Many years ago, the wife and I visited a local fete/flower show. The stage in the village hall was acting as a temporary creche and a number of families left their little ones there while they wandered around. ( Including us ) We only stayed about 45 mins and checked on our youngest at least a couple of times. ( He was sound asleep )
We decided to leave, got in the car and drove out of the car-park. I looked in the rear-view mirror and realised that there was only one child in the back, instead of two. Cue panic. Wife dashing back inside the hall, discovering he was ok and composing herself before retrieving him as if nothing was untoward.
More like 200 yards than 100 odd miles but demonstrates that the unlikely can happen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When I was a kid I used to go with my brother and sister to the sweetshop with our dog. Always had to tie him up outside. One day at lunch my Mum happened to mention Rags, for that was his name, had been down the garden a long time. It then dawned on the three of us that he was still at the sweetshop. Thankfully he was still there when we went back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Easy. Went to Moscow and on first day of vacation exchanged around a £1000 pounds of hard cash into local currency. This was our spending money for the trip. I then bought some drinks in a bar a short while later and left the wallet on the counter never to be seen again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We were in Vancouver in May and went in Tim Hortons for a drink and doughnut and somehow stupidly I left my camera on the table when we left. Five minutes later and 400 yards up the road I realised and sprinted back fearing the worst and thankfully it was still on the table - the relief. It wasn't the value of the camera, as the insurance would have covered that, it was the previous 11 days photos that would have been lost.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We were listening to some radio program in the car a couple of weeks ago and they had a similar discussion and listeners were emailing in their stories - the funniest one was a man who took his chocolate coloured Labrador to the park, left it off the lead and then after a while put the dog back in the car and drove home. When he got home he realised he had the wrong Labrador and not only that he had bought home a female dog when his was a male. Thankfully when he returned to the park there was his dog excited to see him and an owner searching for their dog.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My virginity. Carelessly discarded to a drunken friend of my mothers at a party when I was 14 years of age. Some years later she reminded me of the circumstances and was unconscienably proud of her "achievement" so the loss wasn't wasted.

My now wife once left her youngest child in his pushchair outside the chip shop and returned half an hour later to find that no-one had noticed (any more than she had). He blames her for "abandoning" him to this day, 50 years later :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My wife left her wedding dress behind when we came here.
It was all wrapped up in polythene and placed in the attic, so probably still there!
It is a beautiful ruched peach silk dress.
I left my old valve radio behind after being told that it wouldn't get through customs here, which proved to be b******s, loads of other stuff got through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here