Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rib boat London

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Did one a long long time ago - the company I work for had the idea that it would be a speedy transition from Heathrow to Central London and asked for volunteers for some trials .. can't for the life of me remember where it picked up from but we were dropped off somewhere past Tower Bridge. The only thing I recall is that there was a speed limit on the river which ... slowed things down considerably

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Did one a long long time ago - the company I work for had the idea that it would be a speedy transition from Heathrow to Central London and asked for volunteers for some trials .. can't for the life of me remember where it picked up from but we were dropped off somewhere past Tower Bridge. The only thing I recall is that there was a speed limit on the river which ... slowed things down considerably

4 knots on the non tidal section after Teddington lock and 8 knots on the tidal Thames where it is only enforced upstream of Wandsworth Bridge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4 knots on the non tidal section after Teddington lock and 8 knots on the tidal Thames where it is only enforced upstream of Wandsworth Bridge.
So not the 35mph it boasts then.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
RIBs are the dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here