Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My new seat in West Stand Upper

rool

Jul 10, 2003
My first time there so just some observations.

It's 120 odd steps up there. I found it hard going by the time I got to the top but some seem to have to stop for a breather half way up.
Very warm in the concourse compared to the north but I'd expect that to be very welcome come the winter.
Food and drink queue slow and looked liked very little left on the shelves at that time. After Lewes station debacle I started queuing at 7:15 and got served just in time to gulp down my beer with the mrs before kickoff. Missed Zamora and fanzone whilst queuing. No Kronenburg there it seems.
Very close to the celeb fan Brett Mendoza.
Great view, much preferred to the north and I can sit all game and not have kids standing on seats and bobbing around in front of me (miserable fecker).
Some geezer photo bombed me and the mrs taking a selfie. I think it was the same guy who called Bong 'Bing Bong' everytime he got the ball.
Papa Lazarou seems to have some kind of wi-fi thing going on but I was unable to connect.
Quicker than I thought it would be to exit the stadium, even after clapping off team. Seemed to take longer in the north. Didn't bother stopping for drink after as needed to get back to London but queues looked ok.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

It's 120 odd steps up there. I found it hard going by the time I got to the top but some seem to have to stop for a breather half way up.
Very warm in the concourse compared to the north but I'd expect that to be very welcome come the winter.
Food and drink queue slow and looked liked very little left on the shelves at that time. After Lewes station debacle I started queuing at 7:15 and got served just in time to gulp down my beer with the mrs before kickoff. Missed Zamora and fanzone whilst queuing. No Kronenburg there it seems.
Great view, much preferred to the north and I can sit all game and not have kids standing on seats and bobbing around in front of me (miserable fecker).
Some geezer photo bombed me and the mrs taking a selfie. I think it was the same guy who called Bong 'Bing Bong' everytime he got the ball.
Papa Lazarou seems to have some kind of wi-fi thing going on but I was unable to connect.
Quicker than I thought it would be to exit the stadium, even after clapping off team. Seemed to take longer in the north. Didn't bother stopping for drink after as needed to get back to London but queues looked ok.

Attachments

• resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-cool-story-bro-6e065d.jpg
    resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-cool-story-bro-6e065d.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 843

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Trust me the catering is normally very good and much, much quicker to get served. It takes a few games every season as the new staff are often students who need training etc...

If you're near Mendoza, may I ask your seat number? (I sit near)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

There are less stairs if you go to the WSU entrance by the away fans.

It's only warm when it's sunny, that won't be a problem very often.

Food & Drink is qucker at the other end by Block H.

Look for 'The Cloud wifi' and use the albion app.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Trust me the catering is normally very good and much, much quicker to get served. It takes a few games every season as the new staff are often students who need training etc...

If you're near Mendoza, may I ask your seat number? (I sit near)

196 nice spot right at the front.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
196 nice spot right at the front.

You are either female or were sitting with a female if I remember rightly. Yes it's a beautiful place to sit :) I will say Hi next time.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Still think there should be seats on the bigger stair wells to let the oldies sit for a while, Some of them I see look like they are ready to collapse ..... Why don't the club let the more elderly use the lifts ????

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ah yes so maybe they are your kids to my left? I am not the female.

Still think there should be seats on the bigger stair wells to let the oldies sit for a while, Some of them I see look like they are ready to collapse ..... Why don't the club let the more elderly use the lifts ????

Because, it was conveyed quite clearly at the outset that WSU is accessible only by the stairs and you should not buy a ticket there if you have health problems.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Same block as me but I'm right at the back rather than the front. I probably have some of the most steps to climb out of anyone in the ground.

Catering was rubbish there on Friday but as Sheebo said it's normally ok. No better at "H" end which is where you would have been if you're near Brett. In fact we waited 10 mins at pie and pint at half time without moving a single step.

What did you think of the atmosphere? For me it strikes exactly the right balance between North Stand and Grumpy Old Man.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah yes so maybe they are your kids to my left? I am not the female.

They're my mate [MENTION=758]burrish gull[/MENTION] kids... :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Because once they open that avenue, there'll be queues of crusties waiting to use them every game. The lifts are I gather primarily used for catering supplies (not that you'd know it, half the time).

Coffin-dodgers should probably just avoid buying tickets in the WSU.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Same block as me but I'm right at the back rather than the front. I probably have some of the most steps to climb out of anyone in the ground.

Catering was rubbish there on Friday but as Sheebo said it's normally ok. No better at "H" end which is where you would have been if you're near Brett. In fact we waiting 10 mins at pie and pint at half time without moving a single step.

What did you think of the atmosphere? For me it strikes exactly the right balance between North Stand and Grumpy Old Man.

I thought the atmosphere was good actually. I'm not much of a singer because I lose my voice even after celebrating a goal but I was surprised how noisy it was. Very happy with the location.

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
You are either female or were sitting with a female if I remember rightly. Yes it's a beautiful place to sit :) I will say Hi next time.

A beautiful place to sit only if you have the same opinion's of everyone else who sit around there, if you happen to clap Glenn Murray when he came back with Reading on boxing day 2014 you get told to F**K OFF, and offered outside.... funny how Mendoza and his crew also clapped Glenn when he got subbed and no one said a word

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought the atmosphere was good actually. I'm not much of a singer because I lose my voice even after celebrating a goal but I was surprised how noisy it was. Very happy with the location.

That was mainly just me :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here