Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away shirts...explosion in a paint factory

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
On Friday night amongst people wearing various home shirts of the last 10 years I saw a large proportion of people wearing the following Albion away shirts:

- fluorescent yellow
- pinky red
- black and red stripes
- black and green stripes
- yellow with black trimming
- orange and black

And there were probably more that I've forgotten.

Frankly this looks shambolic; the crowd resembled an explosion in a paint factory. Wear your old away shirts in bed and stick with the programme.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wear your old away shirts in bed and stick with the programme.

I haven't worn an away shirt in bed and stuck to the programme since they stopped publishing pictures of Gully's Girls.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The yellow away shirts make it look as though we've got ten times as many stewards as usual.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I hadn't seen the new away shirts in the flesh until Friday. Now that I have, I've got to say that the yellow one is revolting. Just hideous.

The red one is ok, but not really the colour that I want to see the Albion playing in.

The Dyno Rod nature of colour in these shirts is utterly unnecessary, in my opinion.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I hadn't seen the new away shirts in the flesh until Friday. Now that I have, I've got to say that the yellow one is revolting. Just hideous.

The red one is ok, but not really the colour that I want to see the Albion playing in.

The Dyno Rod nature of colour in these shirts is utterly unnecessary, in my opinion.

I think both the away kits will look good on the players, on overweight men in there late 40's not so much..

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think both the away kits will look good on the players, on overweight men in there late 40's not so much..

I dont get this. I have ever had a problem with anyone, age or sex, wearing football shirts ever. Neither have I heard anyone voice criticism of this, beyond NSC over the last few years that is, ever.

Maybe you are one of the precious few?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I dont get this. I have ever had a problem with anyone, age or sex, wearing football shirts ever. Neither have I heard anyone voice criticism of this, beyond NSC over the last few years that is, ever.

Maybe I am :shrug:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

"Precious" being the word :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On Friday night amongst people wearing various home shirts of the last 10 years I saw a large proportion of people wearing the following Albion away shirts:

- fluorescent yellow
- pinky red
- black and red stripes
- orange and black

Frankly this looks shambolic; the crowd resembled an explosion in a paint factory. Wear your old away shirts in bed and stick with the programme.
I'm waiting for the next club shirt amnesty to trade one in for a discount on a new one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

There is a science in the away kits in that they are now supposed to be the best colour to pick out another player in on a foggy tuesday winter night game.

Not much can be done with home kits because of tradition, but aways are a free hand.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

- fluorescent yellow
- pinky red
- black and red stripes
- orange and black

Completely agree mate - if you look at Forests end and it was just red and white and as it should be

Ours was blue, white, yellow, green, pink, red & black FFS

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Maybe our next away shirt should be a rainbow one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here