Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs of Praise from Calais.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Successive governments have just about achieved their aim of beating up on the BBC such that it doesn't really know what it is supposed to represent any more. Beeb still does remarkably well to stick to its original Reithian remit to to "educate, inform and entertain". Current set of Tory government vvankers, as always, know the price of everything and the value of nothing and will expect a big whoopy-dos from the electorate when they finally abolish the licence fee. Sad thing is, they'll probably get it too. from the same set of wallies that voted for them this time around on the central premise that bad things only happen to other, poorer people.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Tom,your veiw and i accept.However it was not broadcast i believe ? Maybe like a few on here i prefer Radio whether Local or National.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The BBC does itself no favours with its London upper middle class, feminist, multi-cultural, transgender, gay posturing on Radio 4. I don't think there is any political bias but there is a social bias. I find it smug and patronising far too often and I went to a Russell group uni FFS. Before anybody gets themselves off on political bickering, no I am not a Tory. But why should we pay a group of London bien pensant liberals to tell us what we ought to be thinking and I am afraid that's what so much BBC radio is all about.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What with logistics costs, staff, Aled Jones's fees etc, it's costing us licence payers over £1 million, and in 10 years time the idiots who proposed this in a meeting will be moving out of london because they've realised that although it was wonderfully diverse that there were over a 100 different languages spoken at gulliver and cressida's primary school, the chances of them getting anything approaching a decent education when this statistic transfers itself to their secondary school is virtually ****ing nil, never mind though , let all the racist white chavs deal with it, they deserve it for being too small minded to realise the benefits of the multicultural heaven none of us ever asked for.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I would have thought Calais is where Christians should be concentrating attention. It makes sense to me.

And me; more bread and wine than you can shake a crucifix at.

The only problem is all those fvcking migrants cocking up the chunnel and the ferries.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Except most of them are Muslims who have been killing christians on the way(throwing them overboard).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Except most of them are Muslims who have been killing christians on the way(throwing them overboard).

Didn't know that. Is there a link ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would have thought Calais is where Christians should be concentrating attention. It makes sense to me.

Wasn't Calais a British enclave at one stage ? May be a lot of Anglo connections.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Aquitaine was also a possession of England too

for 300 years;amazing really

like looney says,of no relevence today

just thought I'd mention it as it gets forgotten

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Aquitaine was also a possession of England too