Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We Hard?

el punal

I mean this more as a complimentary question. Having been at the match on Friday and watched the recording on TV, I got the impression the team were much more feisty and bloody minded than in recent seasons.

Last season, for example, on occasions we seemed timid and lacked conviction. On Friday night it was the opposite, we dictated, we stood our ground, we didn't get bullied, we were positive and we won. More of the same please.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yes I think we are' we showed a lot of determination to win balls and not be bullied in challenges.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes. Kayal has a nasty streak as does Stephens. We've missed that sort of presence in centre midfield. Greer and Dunk can mix it and Baldock has the makings of a decent irritating chopsy wind up merchant.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stephens certainly tackles as if he means it. He'll pick up a suspension or 2 this season, but it'll be worth it.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Think we are more resilient than we used to be, which is no bad thing. We should not be intimidated by other teams and are as good, if not better, than they are.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes. Kayal has a nasty streak as does Stephens. We've missed that sort of presence in centre midfield. Greer and Dunk can mix it and Baldock has the makings of a decent irritating chopsy wind up merchant.
This. Both are probably prone to reds. I would throw Caldy into the mix also.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A chatted to a couple of Forest fans after the game who thought we should have had 2 sent off..i didnt think we were that physical/cynical...but its interesting to note that DF said he thought we were physical...i'll take that as a compliment even if it wasn't meant to be

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think we're now a niggly annoying team who will be in the faces of the opposition and ref. If that doesn't work Kayal or Stephens will do the necessary. Excellent.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Perhaps we had too many weak/flair players before, often the flair players were knocked off the ball. Now we have more powerful players, we need them in the championship.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think we've got enough toughies now to 'encourage' the softies to raise their game more than they might have otherwise done. Would never normally condone bullying in the workplace, but has to be said it was a sheer JOY to watch Danny Cullip cuff Robbie Pethick round the ear :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here