Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Van at Brighton Station

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Has this been scrapped?
Went to station on Friday night to get a ticket but it was no more.
Bloke at station thinks that it was stopped a couple of games before the end of last season but wasn't sure.
Liked it as you could just give cash for a ticket and no ID required and minimal wait too.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe now that you can POTD at the ground now they don't need it. I know Friday was a debacle at the ticket counter at the ground, but that isn't the norm there.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
They have obviously done the sums if they have scrapped it.
There seemed to be a fair bit of passing trade at the station (won't get that at the Amex) from students and tourists when I used to get tickets from there

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Most of what's decided is for the convenience of the club and to minimise costs and staffing. Closing the club shop and ticket office on Queens Road was another example- it had to be staffed and cost money to run. Moving it to Falmer made it much less convenient for anyone in Brighton. The club has no presence in the city beyond Falmer which is pretty lame.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Most of what's decided is for the convenience of the club and to minimise costs and staffing. Closing the club shop and ticket office on Queens Road was another example- it had to be staffed and cost money to run. Moving it to Falmer made it much less convenient for anyone in Brighton. The club has no presence in the city beyond Falmer which is pretty lame.

I suggested in an email to Paul Barber that they may try to use the information desk for selling tickets at the shopping mall at Churchhill Square but received no reply.
NB This worked for Watford FC for many years, but not in use now as their ground is central anyway.

el punal

I suggested in an email to Paul Barber that they may try to use the information desk for selling tickets at the shopping mall at Churchhill Square but received no reply.
NB This worked for Watford FC for many years, but not in use now as their ground is central anyway.

Did Watford sell many tickets at Churchill Square? They must have a big fan base in Sussex. :D

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
If it is now necessary to travel to Falmer to find if there are tickets available on the day,no way!!!
The club must provide a central point in the town centre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here