Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshall/Murphy/Buckley/Bennett

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Keeping an eye on the four wingers we've been most recently linked with.......,

Marshall - played 90 mins for Blackburn. Influential despite defeat. Questionable if the Venkys will sell at any sensible price
Murphy - Sheff Utd hammered 4-0 by Gillingham. Sale might find some quick rebuilding
Bennett - not in the squad for first home game of the season. How often will he figure for them?
Buckley - not in the Sunderland squad and they want rid of him. Would he man-up and return here or take the easy option and head for Leeds?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Look to see if Muzzy Carayol is in the Boro squad on Monday night? And Wildschut?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Interesting. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Keeping an eye on the four wingers we've been most recently linked with.......,

Marshall - played 90 mins for Blackburn. Influential despite defeat. Questionable if the Venkys will sell at any sensible price - I hope so, he's quality
Murphy - Sheff Utd hammered 4-0 by Gillingham. Sale might find some quick rebuilding - I also hope so
Bennett - not in the squad for first home game of the season. How often will he figure for them? - realistically both of the above are better options
Buckley - not in the Sunderland squad and they want rid of him. Would he man-up and return here or take the easy option and head for Leeds? - Fully fit, go for it, but he's never fully fit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In our position I would go for either of the Bs Buckley or Bennett depending on price/loan availability.
:shootself:shootself:shootself

If you showed this complete lack of imagination while working for the club, it might go some way to explaining why we've been shitehouse of most of the last 114 years.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Buckley? No thank you. Good player on his day BUT he didn't leave under the best of circumstances and he is very injury prone. I'd go for Marshall, Bennett or even try to tempt Noone back before going after Buckley.

Oh and I'd have Tommy Oar over Buckley too.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Buckley? No thank you. Good player on his day BUT he didn't leave under the best of circumstances and he is very injury prone. I'd go for Marshall, Bennett or even try to tempt Noone back before going after Buckley.
I think we'll be looking further afield than this...I know we've signed one former player but surely horizons need to be widened. The same old names cropping up over and over again... let's have some originality!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think we'll be looking further afield than this...I know we've signed one former player but surely horizons need to be widened. The same old names cropping up over and over again... let's have some originality!

That's why I added Tommy Oar to my list :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Spoke to my Gillingham friend and he said Murphy was Sheff Utd's best player, but was actually shocking like most of their team. Hope Nige can keep up!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In our position I would go for either of the Bs Buckley or Bennett depending on price/loan availability.

Why? Why not go for the better players first?
Because we have allegedly had good offers turned down for the other players and we kniw what we will get with Buckley and Bennett, more a safety first approach rather than take a chance and I feel that both could solve our wide man problem at a reasonable cost.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd take any of those 4. If we're gonna play 442 then I'd like 2 out of those 4 🙌- not too fussed who, think they all have their own merits...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Carayol signed a new contract with Boro for 2/3 years before last season even finished or very near after the end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here