Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick and Cook

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And I'm glad to say they've kicked off their campaign with a loss and couldn't even score. Pathetic.

Me too. There is something about B'muff I simply don't like. Can't really put my finger on why, I just don't like them. One of those irrational football things I guess. It also doesn't bode well for them losing at home to Villa. They know they are not going to set the world alight, but I would have thought home to Villa is one of those games they would have targeted as "winable"

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Me too. There is something about B'muff I simply don't like. Can't really put my finger on why, I just don't like them. One of those irrational football things I guess. It also doesn't bode well for them losing at home to Villa. They know they are not going to set the world alight, but I would have thought home to Villa is one of those games they would have targeted as "winable"
I'm in that camp too.
Not sure why, but simply don't like them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Same here.

It might be to do with the fact that Eddie Howe strikes me as the most punchable manager this side of Nigel Adkins, but I think it's more than just that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's a complete Falmer era ex-Albion Prem outfield now: Elphick, Cook, Upson, Ward, Bridcutt, Hammond, Noone, Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Me too. There is something about B'muff I simply don't like. Can't really put my finger on why, I just don't like them. One of those irrational football things I guess.

I don't like them too much-goes back to our rivalry with them in the 70's (when they were Bournemouth and Boscombe). I don't think there's much love coming from them either.

Doesn't detract from them deserving to be where they are though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No animosity to Bmuff, but Eddie Howe, I could happily slap his plastic looking face.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
That's a complete Falmer era ex-Albion Prem outfield now: Elphick, Cook, Upson, Ward, Bridcutt, Hammond, Noone, Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa.

Yep. Some great players have played for us in the last 4 years.
But Upson, Ward, Noone, Barnes aren't playing in the Prem this season. Buckley and Bridcutt are unlikely to be doing so come end of window. Ulloa and Hammond were on the bench yesterday.

On this definition then there's more of our current squad that are "Falmer era" Albion Prem (Rosenior, Zamora, Crofts, Stockdale ) and plenty more that have played in top flight European football/champions league. (Bruno, Kayal, Hemed etc)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Very fond of Bournemouth, hope they do well.
Lived down there for 3 years, during the Ted Macdougal and Phil Boyer era.
Can't understand the whingy, petty, jealousy on NSC. If we'd had Eddie Howe as manager, we may well have been in the P.L. now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Very fond of Bournemouth, hope they do well.
Lived down there for 3 years, during the Ted Macdougal and Phil Boyer era.
Can't understand the whingy, petty, jealousy on NSC. If we'd had Eddie Howe as manager, we may well have been in the P.L. now.
Agreed, hope they do well even tonk Palace 6 nil. Nice to see two footballers who moved down from us to play regular first team football,stick with that club and play top flight football. What's not to like apart from jealousy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here