Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref last night

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Am I the only one who thought Mr Stroud was poor (as he always seems to be when we have him). He gave them numerous soft free kicks around our area to the extent that it seemed like he was hoping they equalise. He also booked our players for nothing (Stephens for running behind someone and Baldock for lining up the wall) and let Forest get away with some nasty tackles (Lansbury's attempted studs up lunge on Stephens). Can't believe we've had the misfortune of have him referee two of our home games in a row after his absolutely shocking performance against Watford at the end of last season.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Am I the only one who thought Mr Stroud was poor (as he always seems to be when we have him). He gave them numerous soft free kicks around our area to the extent that it seemed like he was hoping they equalise. He also booked our players for nothing (Stephens for running behind someone and Baldock for lining up the wall) and let Forest get away with some nasty tackles (Lansbury's attempted studs up lunge on Stephens). Can't believe we've had the misfortune of have him referee two of our home games in a row after his absolutely shocking performance against Watford at the end of last season.

Baldock got all he deserved, ref kept having to have a word with him and eventually after acting like a child for one last time he had to go in the book

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I thought similarly to yourself, but it is hard to see the things he can on the pitch from the West Upper. Any TV viewers think he was poor?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I thought similarly to yourself, but it is hard to see the things he can on the pitch from the West Upper. Any TV viewers think he was poor?

Yes I did. A couple of the free kicks awarded to Forest around the box were for zero or minimal contact. I think the Forest players had sussed him out and played to it. The booking of Stephens was a disgrace, he was tracking back, didn't alter course, the Forest player cut across him and a foul was given. Never a foul, as a booking, disgraceful!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Got a few calls wrong and a few soft free-kicks both ways. Gave a yellow to Stephens for something everyone else must have missed. Also gave us a free-kick for a tackle on O'Grady which was wasn't a foul.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Baldock got all he deserved, ref kept having to have a word with him and eventually after acting like a child for one last time he had to go in the book
Wrong.
He's entitled to help line the wall up.
Ref was a cheat, as he usually is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

yes, he was their extra man
useless tw@t that he was

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wrong.

Not when the ref has told him to get 10 yards from the ball. Baldock was being a knob and was rightly booked.

The ref was piss for both sides though

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Small man syndrome most of the match

There was a foul on us on the east side,in the second half, which the ref watched and was going to ignore, but the assistant waved his flag so vigourously, he couldn't, and awarded us a free kick.
The north stand cheered as the assistant knew what he was doing.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Not when the ref has told him to get 10 yards from the ball. Baldock was being a knob and was rightly booked.

The ref was piss for both sides though
As I said, entitled to help line the wall up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wrong.

No, Keith Stroud certainly isn't a cheat, he is simply a man trying to do a very difficult job, as is the case with 99.9% of referees in this country.

That said, I agree that he didn't have the best of games, his booking of Dale Stephens was harsh in the extreme. But I certainly don't think he is a bad referee overall.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No, Keith Stroud certainly isn't a cheat, he is simply a man trying to do a very difficult job, as is the case with 99.9% of referees in this country.

That said, I agree that he didn't have the best of games, his booking of Dale Stephens was harsh in the extreme. But I certainly don't think he is a bad referee overall.

Of course he isn't.

[tweet]587999464733941760[/tweet]

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's always shit and we get him 2-3 times a year.
And he looks like a rat.
What a ****.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

He's one of the worst out there along with Pawson and D'Urso.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here