Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz - Time to bloom?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I remember the sheer ecstasy when we finally managed to sign Kaz on a permanent deal after his promising loan stints. I really thought we'd have an absolute gem on our hands for a season or two before he inevitably got picked up by a bigger club.

Five years on and he's now one of the longest serving players on our books but aside from a few notable games and goals (that Palace drubbing sticks in the memory for one) he has never really reached the heights I had hoped he would. Impact sub seemed to be his forte and I wondered if we'd ever see him making a serious impression on the first team throughout the course of a season. Too inconsistent, drifts out of games too easily and frequently found wanting in terms of a final product, I thought.

Now, he's put in a good shift last night and scored a cracking goal. It's just one game, and it's the lottery of the first game of the season so I don't want to read too much into it, BUT he's only 24 so it isn't as if his career trajectory has to have been defined by now. There's no reason to suggest he can't suddenly click into being that player we all want him to be.

Am I being overly optimistic or could Lua Lua cement his place as a first team regular and start making a significant contribution to the cause in terms of goals and assists?

I was shocked to read last night's was only his 11th goal for the club throughout his time here. I want to see him getting that many in a season. Could he realistically ever be that player?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Still believe the goal last night was actually a cross......but obviously thankful it went in.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
detail_hamstring_muscles.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here