Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were the gaffer - team you'd pick to play Southend

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not our best line up but all things considered how would you want us to line up against Southend

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Maenpaa

Calderon
Rea
Dunk
Rosenior

Crofts
Ince
Holla
Forster-Caskey

Zamora
Colunga

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we want Zamora match fit, surely he should play?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No to 4-4-2 ( this could become a habit as the season goes on)

The big Finn

Calde
Rae
Dunk
Bong

Holla
Ince
JFC

Ward
Starkey

Ogrady

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd go with my first choice 11. I do not see the point in rotating, I see more benefit from chalking up another victory.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'd go with my first choice 11. I do not see the point in rotating, I see more benefit from chalking up another victory.

I agree up to a point - why change a winning XI, the benefits of a settled side etc. However it's long season and we need to pace ourselves, give other players some pitch time in the Cup etc.

We will sustain injuries and suspensions at some point. It particularly concerns me that we are dependant on Kayal for a lot of our energy and inspiration. He's already picked up a soft-ish yellow card. Yet Lansbury could easily have crocked him for the season.

Last season showed we had precious little invention and were far too predictable. OK Hughton is showing signs of playing a more pressing game but IMO we could do with finding another playmaker to take some of the heat off Kayal and give us more resilience. Now a Lansbury / Kayal combo would be quite handy....

Meanwhile Southend might be a useful opportunity to give Zamora a few minutes, maybe from the bench....?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No to 4-4-2 ( this could become a habit as the season goes on)

The big Finn

Calde
Rae
Dunk
Bong

Holla
Ince
JFC

Ward
Starkey

Ogrady

This but Dallison for Dunk and Rosenior for Bong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For me it's a balance between giving minutes to squad players and keeping some momentum going, with that in mind:

Maenppa

Calderon-Dunk-Rea-Rosenior

Tilley-Ince-Holla-March

Baldock-Hemed​

BZ off the bench if he's up to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here