Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
He also did very well in the quiz challenge in the programme. Mullered Dale Stephens on the history of the Albion.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'll be the first to admit that I've not really been a fan of Bruno's defensive work whilst he's been at the club (and only the defensive stuff, he's clearly bloody good) but he really was very good last night, some important tackles very well done.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Can we have a PC Beard style Bruno Beard song?

Beard, beard, Bruno beard
If he's not ball-stealing
He's probably backheeling

I've loved Bruno since his arrival. Other than Vicente the best touch of any player we've had at the Amex (I have a not great memory but no one else springs to mind with that level of delicacy and perfectly weighted pass).

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
He was up against arguably the best winger in the division last night so he did very well.

This. Had the hardest job on the pitch and did it very well. The whole defence struggled in the air but our full backs did just about enough.

No one is going to walk into the right back spot this season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bruno looked very good and dictated play on the right. Rosenior looked pretty useful when he replaced Kaz on the left so I would imagine he will be utilised around the pitch, and will be great cover for Bruno and Bong when they get injured or need resting. Good to see decent competition in squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. Had the hardest job on the pitch and did it very well. The whole defence struggled in the air but our full backs did just about enough.

No one is going to walk into the right back spot this season.

Yes the whole defence struggled in the air, but so will many defences against Forest this season, they are a big, strong, and physical side.

I feel sure Rosenior will find a way into the team, even if it isn't at Bruno's expense, He can play anywhere across the back four remember.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I imagine over time Rosenior will get the role permanently. I can't see Bruno playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday....

Bruno was good last night, going forwards has to be one of the best in the championship. I still consider Rosenior a better player particularly defensively.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we had a more experienced and Albionised right winger Hughton probably would have gone with LR.

But with a must have new partnership on the left, it'll be a pretty big gamble to start with the same on the right esp on that included Solly.

Bruno did well, he even managed a second half, half arsed, effeminate flick, that completely missed the ball.
Everything back to normal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's not a criticism of Bruno, who I have always thought shows some real class and flair and has been a pleasure to watch. However I do think he is the campest player I can remember seeing in the stripes :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can see Rosenior, initially at least, being a starter away from home in place of one of the wingers and more often a sub at home

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have been a Bruno fan from the word go, though like all players he has his off days. His vast experience helps him enormously.

Last night I thought in the first half he was our best player and given that effectively he was also covering March, who started very slowly, he really was outstanding. However, the thing that is going to catch Bruno up this season and is that he tires at about 70 mins, and that is why at the very least we need Rosenoir or Calderon on the bench.

Hope he can keep going for as long as possible.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Always been a fan of his, delighted to see his performance putting two up to those who criticised the move to extend his contract (could say the same for Greer last night). Of course, one swallow doesn't make a summer and I do expect Rosenior will get a run of games but I'm delighted to see the depth in quality we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here