Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I am quite surprised that within all the plaudits for last nights game,Solly March seems to have been forgotten.
I thought he was excellent and at the heart of most of the good stuff Albion produced.

Macca the attacker

Apr 7, 2010
I like Solly but still think he's too soft. He needs to toughen' up. Really hope he can be great for us cos Hemed is begging for those crosses to be sent in.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Really? He was terrible.

No he wasn't. He made some mistakes, as you'd expect from a young player, but terrible?..nonsense. For the first time in ages we had natural width on both wings and Solly made some great runs, and delivered some good balls into dangerous areas. You do realise he's just coming back from a long-term injury also? A bit more game time and experience and he'll be a great asset this season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If he can toughen up a little bit and -- this is the more difficult bit -- gain more composure at the right moments, he's going to be one hell of a player. We're not going to see too many other players coming through the academy with that combination of skill, balance and speed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Got in some excellent positions but end product wasn't up to standard - he will be top for us though - glad he's playing :)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Creativity and movement both very good.
Right foot? And finishing there is significant room to improve.
He will get better and I thought he was fairly decent last night

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No he wasn't. He made some mistakes, as you'd expect from a young player, but terrible?..nonsense. For the first time in ages we had natural width on both wings and Solly made some great runs, and delivered some good balls into dangerous areas. You do realise he's just coming back from a long-term injury also? A bit more game time and experience and he'll be a great asset this season.

This, this and this again. His final shot wasn't up to much last night but as long as he keeps putting himself in those positions and making those runs then the goals will come. It's great when a player has the confidence to run at defences and then shoot. I want him to carry on with this.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My thoughts on Solly March:

Here is a kid with sacks of talent, he's got fantastic feet (if a little 1 footed) and he's quick, but he seems to lack a bit of a footballing brain. I've no doubt with more game time he'll develop and will begin to the use the ball better, but at the moment he reminds me of the talented kid in your school team that hasn't worked out how best to use his team mates yet.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I thought he was very promising but I also got the impression that he is understandably very aware of how easily he has got injured recently. Needs to toughen both physically and mentally then he'll be a real asset.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There are glimpses of a good player but he really does need to do something with his right foot as he gets himself in good positions but relies on pulling the ball back onto his stronger foot to do anything. Missed a few last night but so did others so harsh to pick him out in that area.

I think he is the one who is more likely to make way for a replacement winger as for me he is not yet good or strong enough to warrant a regular starting place but obviously still very young so has time on his hands to improve

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Well said.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just find it incredible that a professional footballer is worse than me with his right foot to the extent that he won't even use it. And yes, I'm left footed.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Of course there is room to improve,but it is great to see some locally produced talent coming through.
I thought he took a lot of stick last season,and looked comfortable last night.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like Kaz, he made some mistakes but also showed moments of brilliance. The best thing for March & Kaz will be to have competition for their places as both of them have none at present.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He started poorly, but got better and better. He is 21, back from a serious injury and has not played vast amounts at this level. He has talent and potential in spades. If he stays fit and the fans do not get at him, he will do very, very well for us.

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
A little more composure infront of goal and he will score a lot of goals. he is a quiet lad and this sometimes comes across in his play and demeanour. Give the lad a chance, its his first competitive start in ages, I thought he was better than Lua Lua.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Good to see him on the wing & not in the middle where he is too weak
& nice to see some pace on the wing. I thought he did well enough

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here