May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
#96 Brighton v Forest: post #96 nemesiz
Academy Player

Members
PipPip
69 posts
Posted Today, 05:53 AM
Why did Dougie Freedman play three defensively minded players in the middle? Mancienne, Tesche and Lansbury were atrocious last night, as like last season, failing to create opportunities for the lone striker, Blackstock to shoot. Instead it was a carbon copy of last season, which Chris Hughton, the Brighton manager exploited, as Forest continually passed to Antonio who had to contend with two or three opposition players man-marking him. So all the midfielder could do is cross ineffectively into the middle for Blackstock to header. It was only the introduction of Walker, and later Paterson that Forest appeared to have additional attacking options and the game opened up but it was too little, too late.

Concerning the goal, many forest supporters would criticise Lichaj, but the defender at times was struggling against Brighton who attacked with two or three players on the right wing, but without assistance from Ward, or Tesche (Vaughan) the player could only trackback, and cover the angles especially against the eventual winner scored by LuaLua.

If Dougie Freedman persist with playing this formation, the club will find itself fighting against relegation. There is no excuses, the manager has potentially a squad capable of players that could play free flowing attack minded football, but if he insists on playing one dimensional football the team will struggle to create clear cut chances for forwards to score.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
#96 Brighton v Forest: post #96 nemesiz
Academy Player

Members
PipPip
69 posts
Posted Today, 05:53 AM
Why did Dougie Freedman play three defensively minded players in the middle? Mancienne, Tesche and Lansbury were atrocious last night, as like last season, failing to create opportunities for the lone striker, Blackstock to shoot. Instead it was a carbon copy of last season, which Chris Hughton, the Brighton manager exploited, as Forest continually passed to Antonio who had to contend with two or three opposition players man-marking him. So all the midfielder could do is cross ineffectively into the middle for Blackstock to header. It was only the introduction of Walker, and later Paterson that Forest appeared to have additional attacking options and the game opened up but it was too little, too late.

Concerning the goal, many forest supporters would criticise Lichaj, but the defender at times was struggling against Brighton who attacked with two or three players on the right wing, but without assistance from Ward, or Tesche (Vaughan) the player could only trackback, and cover the angles especially against the eventual winner scored by LuaLua.

If Dougie Freedman persist with playing this formation, the club will find itself fighting against relegation. There is no excuses, the manager has potentially a squad capable of players that could play free flowing attack minded football, but if he insists on playing one dimensional football the team will struggle to create clear cut chances for forwards to score.
That's a more honest reaction than from greasy Dougie. I think he is right, forest were very unambitious. Freedman is an awful manager.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Freedman won't be there at the end of the season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They did remind me of us last season a bit.

Really odd shape that played right into our hands. I've never seen Lansbury so ineffective against us.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
There was obvious potential within the Forest team,but t looked like they had set out for a point.
I think they will finish above mid table.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We don't "man-mark" anyone. Antonio only had to contend with Bruno in the first instance and then March/Stephens/Kayal coming over to back him up but we certainly didn't seem overly concerned by him. All hustle and bustle without much skill.

I thought Bruno coped well overall, lost him a few times but it was a better defensive performance from him and Bong on the other side than we saw through most of last season. The whole team seemed more confident and assured last night which is a very positive sign.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
That was an unusually terrible forest side and whilst they have some big names injured I would have been very worried watching that performance. There is no way the Forest fans will tolerate that lack of ambition or creativity for long and I fully expect the greasy caravan dweller to be queuing at the Croydon job centre by Xmas.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They were bobbins, if I were a betting man I would be having a wager on Freedman being the first manager being given the boot

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bit surprised by Forest, I thought they were known as a footballing team. Seems that their only tactic was a punt up the field to Antonio.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here