Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed knows how to become a fan favourite

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Not just with a good hard-working performance which took a superb save to prevent him from scoring, but when we were attacking shortly after we'd scored he was in the north west corner pumping up the crowd.

That sort of thing definitely gets the fans behind you.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Not just with a good hard-working performance which took a superb save to prevent him from scoring, but when we were attacking shortly after we'd scored he was in the north west corner pumping up the crowd.

That sort of thing definitely gets the fans behind you.

It helps that the sky camera was right in front of him otherwise he wouldn't have done it. I said to the bloke sitting next to me he's playing for the camera.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It helps that the sky camera was right in front of him otherwise he wouldn't have done it. I said to the bloke sitting next to me he's playing for the camera.
That's a bit cynical. So you don't think he'll be doing it again then?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Cynical viewpoint. Did you watch the Sevilla match?

Yes i was there for the Sevilla match and thought both teams were pretty shite, but it was only pre-season. Well i hope it was something to continue then,

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
It's not relevant whether they were shite or not, did you not see Hemed doing the same thing then?

To be fair i didn't, but last night you could see it as almost an after thought, not knocking the guy, its nice to see players paying to the crowd, but geez don't get sorry aggressive when someone has their opinion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

That's cynical even by my standards..:lolol:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

What would be the point of that though? To make an internet forum he's never going to look at think he's a top bloke?

It's a common complaint that there aren't enough passionate players in the game, can't we just accept that maybe we actually have one?

You and Bensgrandad should go for a drink together, that'd be a right laugh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair i didn't, but last night you could see it as almost an after thought, not knocking the guy, its nice to see players paying to the crowd, but geez don't get sorry aggressive when someone has their opinion.
I wasn't at all aggressive when you said you thought it was for the cameras, it's only when others pointed out that he's done it before and you ignored their point that I started getting feisty.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't care if what he does on the pitch is for the cameras or for us or for himself. The fact it, it showed a bit of something we've lacked of late: Passion.

That's why I love the fact that we have Kayal and Hemed together. Both are clearly winners and that rubs off on the rest of the team and the fans. The answer is clear to me, sign more Israeli footballers!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great stuff from Tomer, and the cynic poster has been owned. Great that we now have another player who shows some passion...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't care if what he does on the pitch is for the cameras or for us or for himself. The fact it, it showed a bit of something we've lacked of late: Passion.

That's why I love the fact that we have Kayal and Hemed together. Both are clearly winners and that rubs off on the rest of the team and the fans. The answer is clear to me, sign more Israeli footballers!

Well said. Although I believe passion is available in footballers from other nations!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bullshit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Damn right. All the players last night looked trim, keen and passionate to make something happen for the team. It was a far more encouraging performance than anything last season and the players looked properly up for it, rather than playing for the cash.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What would be the point of that though? To make an internet forum he's never going to look at think he's a top bloke?

It's a common complaint that there aren't enough passionate players in the game, can't we just accept that maybe we actually have one?

It got me going even more I'll give him that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here