Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere Tonight

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally I thought it was good.

I sit in Upper West and it was good to see (hear) the North in one voice.

I like it when (it seemed) the whole ground were doing the old style chanting Clap, Clap etc "Brighton".

Appreciate some won't agree with me but all those around me thought it was good night.

Hopefully we can keep it up for future games

Love it when we win! :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I personally thought in general terms the atmosphere was pretty good tonight, there was a few nervous/quiet moments but that's to be expected, I dunno if anyone felt the same as me tonight either but I felt I real 'togetherness' in all aspects of the football club, difficult to explain exactly why but something I felt.

Loved Hemed geeing the crowd up too, he looked pumped.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
I personally thought in general terms the atmosphere was pretty good tonight, there was a few nervous/quiet moments but that's to be expected, I dunno if anyone felt the same as me tonight either but I felt I real 'togetherness' in all aspects of the football club, difficult to explain exactly why but something I felt.

Loved Hemed geeing the crowd up too, he looked pumped.
. With you there Wizard, keep the spell going ! :rave::rave::rave::rave:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Thought it was dreadful in the first half, great in the second once we'd scored. We can create a good atmosphere at the Amex, but it is clear that we are a club that needs the players on the pitch to create the atmosphere for the fans, rather than the other way around. Which is a bit of a shame.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Overall pretty good compared to some of the games last season, but it didn't really get going untill we scored.

Still the main problem in north stand is centre back section. They couldn't even be arsed in joining in on we are left/right hand side Brighton boys. You may not like that song but fooking join in regardless.

Really need there to be strong singers in this part to join the two sides together.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A lot better it's an extra player I thought the ref helped by being a LITTLE bit of an arse. The atmosphere should build with the introduction of Bobby looking forward to it.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Overall pretty good compared to some of the games last season, but it didn't really get going untill we scored.

Still the main problem in north stand is centre back section. They couldn't even be arsed in joining in on we are left/right hand side Brighton boys. You may not like that song but fooking join in regardless.

Really need there to be strong singers in this part to join the two sides together.
Your having a laugh aren't you ? Centre rear were singing all night ! Maybe it's because the song you mention is a little bit shit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not much of an atmosphere in the bar we were in as we had to endure the game in silence as some northern numpties had bagged the sound for the Rugby League.

No fecking loyalty these days as the bar woman had a sister who lived in Ditchling.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Decent start to the season from team atmosphere.

(Take note: team train, team catering and team pasty makers)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought it was brilliant particularly 2nd half. First was by no means bad either. North were fantastic - would've sounded great in the tele - especially a while stand singing together (rather than 20 hooded uniformed wannabe hooligans with a clapping co-ordinator)...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From the ESU I was so surprised at the amount of noise the North was making that I had to see if the roof had been lowered or something.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the ESU I was so surprised at the amount of noise the North was making that I had to see if the roof had been lowered or something.

Agreed...last night was better than it has been for some time ..team on the pitch played like a team..and hopefully we helped..thought North stand was in good form

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Only watched on TV.
Was a bit worried at the start as there looked like big gaps around the ground,and Forest fans were quite noisy.
As soon as it was clear that we were the better team and the gaps seemed to fill in (mostly) then the atmosphere came across as really good.
Hemed has "Legend" written all over him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was a bit worried at the start as there looked like big gaps around the ground,and Forest fans were quite noisy.

That must have been a feature of how Sky place their mics and mix the sound because I thought the Forest fans, for the decent number they brought, were amongst the poorest we have had at the Amex. Barely a squeak out of them all game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hemed has "Legend" written all over him.
That must have been when some unruly fans cornered him after the game, and set to work with their marker pens.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That must have been a feature of how Sky place their mics and mix the sound because I thought the Forest fans, for the decent number they brought, were amongst the poorest we have had at the Amex. Barely a squeak out of them all game.

I sit on the south side of the West Upper and would agree with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here