Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season preparation

Chuggy12

Aug 3, 2015
Shoreham beach
First of all I must say what a result against Forest.

Based on the performance, what areas need strengthening and who by, realistically who do we need to sign to make us better if anyone?

Crunchy

Jul 7, 2015
We need a winger with quality who can play both sides, and preferably a back up centre back/ someone who can step in for greer next season. Get a young attacking midfielder on loan and we're looking good

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We need a winger with quality who can play both sides, and preferably a back up centre back/ someone who can step in for greer next season. Get a young attacking midfielder on loan and we're looking good

Agree with all of this, but would prefer a purchase rather than a loan, and perhaps a second winger but I may just be being greedy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 wingers are a top priority. Essential.

We have Fulham and Huddersfield within 3 days of each other and Kaz and March won't each play 180 minutes.

A central defender, soon. Essential.

The rest is bonus - a central attacking midfielder, and another striker.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The first team were fine but the bench was not particularly strong come a few injuries and suspensions and we will struggle need another CB, 2 wingers and AM.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The first team were fine but the bench was not particularly strong come a few injuries and suspensions and we will struggle need another CB, 2 wingers and AM.

Very true. We had very little attacking options on the bench (Calde, O'Grady & JFC). Had we gone behind and needed some creativity or an additional goal threat, we'd have been in trouble. We need these wingers asap. I thought we also lacked outright pace so hopefully at least one of the new wingers will be a speed merchant.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A Winger, A striker and a Centre Back in that order of priority. I know we have signed Hambo and Harper but they are young. I think it's will make our season if we get a quality striker in along with improving our wide open player options. I have seen enough of Rea to think he will come through as a first team player so a CB is not such an urgent one for me......unless Dunk disappears

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

I agree Crunchy.

Thought Tomer and Bong looked really good additions and having Baldock and Stephens back fit and hungry is a real bonus. With Crofts and BZ still to come plus presumably two or three new additions before the end of the month, I think we are looking pretty damn OK.

TNBA

TTF

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
2 wingers are a top priority. Essential.

We have Fulham and Huddersfield within 3 days of each other and Kaz and March won't each play 180 minutes.

A central defender, soon. Essential.

The rest is bonus - a central attacking midfielder, and another striker.

Totally agree. It felt good to watch a team of players contracted to our football club last night. Must be worth something in effort and desire. If we bring in one very high quality loan signing to supplement buying a winger (or two) and a CB we are good to go!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2 centre backs. 3 if Dunk goes. We are horrendously short at CB. 2 wingers, and Tex/another creative attacking midfielder.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think we have that young attacking midfielder ready in waiting. He is just injured at the moment........................NAME = Jack Harper of course

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I really think Greers' time has come purely on age. Struggles to run these days. Did well last night don't get me wrong but we really must keep Dunk & get another CB in.

For me McShane in a free would've been ideal...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2 centre backs. 3 if Dunk goes. We are horrendously short at CB. 2 wingers, and Tex/another creative attacking midfielder.

I'd go with this although you know if we did sign that many 2 or 3 will be loans. Can only see 2 perm signings unfortunately. Worth noting Rea is highly rated and Calde has done well at CB before in case things got really bad...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
1 CB - you need 4. Rea should be 4th choice. New guy should be at least good enough to push GG and Dunky.
At least 1 winger. We have zero cover for Solly and Kaz. New guy should be pushing for 1st choice. 2nd new one if possible, we are going 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1?) after all.
1 nippy striker. No cover for Sam B. Personally, I would like someone to displace Sam; remain unconvinced by the latter.

Avoid loans where possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So we can stop our own top young players coming through?

I think we've been here before. :)
So, a top class loan would prevent our young players from coming through? Fine, so why do you want TB to splash out millions to buy a class winger who would equally stop our youngsters breaking through (on a more permanent basis, as if we buy a 25 year old, he could be blocking the youngsters for five seasons, not just the one).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, a top class loan would prevent our young players from coming through? Fine, so why do you want TB to splash out millions to buy a class winger who would equally stop our youngsters breaking through (on a more permanent basis, as if we buy a 25 year old, he could be blocking the youngsters for five seasons, not just the one).

Loans are generally a mistake, although, granted, some are brilliant. They are not a mistake because of blocking our youngsters, but because they are less motivated than 'owned' players. Clubs like ours rely on team spirit, shown yesterday with zero loanees.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But he is our player and contributing to the overall cause. Whilst a loan player is contributing, we are effectively aiding another club by developing their players and stifling our own.
I must admit I am struggling with why you seem more pro-loan than purchase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here