Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pre-match trains tonight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has it ever been that bad?

There just didn't seem enough capacity and trains weren't being filled completely.

I'd imagine some folk arrived at Brighton Station in decent time and missed kickoff.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I was at Brighton station for about 6:50, wasn't in my seat at the AMEX till 8pm. Was disgusted. Missed all the premature, Zamora reveal and more. Really was fuming, thankfully the game helped cure that.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Arrived around 6.15 at the station, got to the ground at 7.15, pixx poor organisation and the staff did EVERYTHING they could to avoid talking to the public. One chap when challenged as to why he was allowing certain people to queue jump said that he had 'called his supervisor'. Unprepared jobsworths.

To be fair, even BT Police seemed to take a convenient tea break as the queue got longer!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I didn't go but the queue at Brighton looked mental at quarter past 7 and there were plenty of Brighton and Forest still in the pubs along Queens Road, I'd be interested to know what time people arrived at the ground if involved in that queue.

Bad organisation or just unfortunate circumstances?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Got on a train around 7:10 after a very long wait. Train was not filled when it coasted out of station. Even had empty seats in the carriage. Train only a short 3 carriage train. What happened to the 8 carriage trains from previous years?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Two were ccancelled. I ended up getting a BUS from Newhaven to lewes.

The 18.00 and 18.46 were cancelled due to a passenger falling and breaking their leg. We managed to get on the 18.30 which was 8 minutes late.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Got on the delayed 17.15 from burgess ill to bton. Ran like hell to platform 8 and was n dicks bar at18.05.

Post match stayed for a pint. Staggered to station and got squashed onto a train. Back in Hassocks, bought a kebab walked back to home and eating it sitting in my pants at 23.00

Can't complain at all until tomorrow morning when the hangover kicks in and the strongbow/kebab poo comes full force....

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Anyone see the punch up on the platform at Brighton station after the game about 10.30? I mentioned it to a southern rail employee and he looked at me puzzled asking me what a punch-up was

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Left a full pint at the bar once I saw the queue at Brighton station in order to walk down to St Peters and get a sherbert. Terrible

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The 18.00 and 18.46 were cancelled due to a passenger falling and breaking their leg. We managed to get on the 18.30 which was 8 minutes late.

Indeed. Trouble was I got to Newhaven Town station at 17:50 and decided I'd rather pay £4 to sit on an incredibly slow bus to lewes than wait there for 40 minutes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has it ever been that bad?

There just didn't seem enough capacity and trains weren't being filled completely.

I'd imagine some folk arrived at Brighton Station in decent time and missed kickoff.

I've known it once as bad. Second time I've arrived late. At Brighton station at seven. Arrived 8 o'clock. Missed ten minutes.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Pre match trains were chaos, huge ques outside Brighton station. Plenty of angry people giving staff abuse

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

This is of course unfortunate for the passenger concerned.

But how, in the holy name of FRIG, can this incident result in TWO TRAINS, more than 45 minutes apart, being completely cancelled ?? Was the stricken victim laid prone across the tracks waiting for medical attention ?

I am left eternally bewildered at Southerns insatiable, rampant desire to let the most minor of incidents completely fook up their entire network for hours.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The queue at Brighton went from the platform down the side past the old taxi area, all the way across the front then curved down into trafalgar street! Wad it just sheer volume of passengers?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here